Cat amongst the pigeons....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What do you think about Football?

• Total voters

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets the 'what kind of man doesn't like football?' remark - I usually reply with the 'get back in that kitchen, woman' line

Dodging low flying plates is my favorite sport :rolleyes:

Can't answer the poll though - not bothered by it either way. Went to a Crystal Palace v Spurs match about a million years ago and think that's where I first decided I didn't like crowds at all

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Wow what a response! So there are a lot of people who'll be digging out their rusty spoons come the 10th!

I left an "Indifferent" option off because if you were truly indifferent then surely you wouldn't want to bother voting? ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
ilovemybed said:
Wow what a response! So there are a lot of people who'll be digging out their rusty spoons come the 10th!

I left an "Indifferent" option off because if you were truly indifferent then surely you wouldn't want to bother voting? ;)

Ahh, and I proved you right too :You_Rock_

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
I get sick of all the local supermarkets filling their shelves with England flags, shirts, keyrings, bottle openers and all the other pointless World Cup tripe. I wouldn't mind if I was English, but I'm Welsh and I live in Wales. Why would any of us lot want to buy an England flag from the supermarket?

Pappa

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
my local suppermarket has put up all the accesserories you mention and then slapped bottles of whiskey, vodka and alcopops next to it all not so sure its the best idea:dunno: :togo:

James

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Being one of only 6% that likes football makes me feel special. :D

Anyway, I hate working, and everybody refuses to shut up about that, so why shouldn't they have to put up with football?

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
i hate working football and talk of both so what am i supposed to do?:27:
:thinkerg: got it i'll go and sit under a nice tree and make

James

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
I cannot stand football for numerous reasons, but the principal reason is that it pretends to be a sport when it clearly isn't.

Football is a (very lucrative) multimedia entertainments industry that has built itself around an activity that, at one time, was indeed a sport.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Bigman said:
The only part of that I like to watch is the 'Final'.

Usually while I'm in my favourite hostelry. :lmao:

Hey Bigman........In your first post you say you will watch the England games and then in this post, you say you only like to watch the final.
Surely you are not saying that England will be in the final ?.............Jon
bushcraftersfire4ah.gif

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
A bit of an outside view: Even people in other countries are a bit tired of hearing every time there is a world cup that England is going to win. It has been 1966 for quite some time.

With all that pressure those poor English players have on them every time, no wonder it is 40 years since last time.

Torjus Gaaren

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I watch the motorbike racing, the Tour de France and other real sports, also womens tennis (ahem);)

but I would rather be stabbed in the eye with a thistle than watch 22 grown men kick a bag of wind about a field.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
demographic said:
I watch the motorbike racing, the Tour de France and other real sports, also womens tennis (ahem);)

but I would rather be stabbed in the eye with a thistle than watch 22 grown men kick a bag of wind about a field.

Football is the people's sport. Anyone can play it from the richest to the poorest. kids can have a kick about in the street, with any old ball (even a tennis ball which is what we used as kids) Coming from a poor family how could anyone get into the sports you mention above. It gives kids something to do, hurts no one, and keeps them busy and out of trouble.
I can't understand why darts or snooker are deemed as sports. Look at the size of some of those darts players. I'd hardly class them as sportsmen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE