Cat amongst the pigeons....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What do you think about Football?

• Total voters

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Just thought I'd ask, as a result of chatting around the fire to some others who were despairing at all the World Cup hype: :dunno:

Who here likes football, and who doesn't?

Please no "My team is better than yours" chat - let's let the results speak for themselves.... :buttkick:

Cheers,
Neil

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I don't mind a kick about with a few mates for a giggle from time to time but I don't like the pro game at all....it's over hyped, over paid and too be honest rather boring.

I've always said that any game where the fans would rather fight than watch has to be a boring game :rolleyes:

Luckily I'll be away in a nice "TV free" forest in sweden when it all kicks off :D

Cheers,

Bam. :D

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Footwhat?

have no interest in watching it what so ever, pretty much like most sports, but will occasionaly take notice of a result if its a friend's team or whatever. Like Bam said, I also don't mind have a kick around with mates and enjoy playing most sports. Just dont like sitting watching them when there are much better things to be getting on with.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Yep love it too. Well the big games anyway. The world cup is simply the biggest sporting occasion in the world. Can't wait :headbang: I support Exeter City and Arsenal, (my home team Oxford United are the biggest pile of elderly womens elasticated knickers you've ever seen in your life) They've just been relegated out of the league. Thierry Henry and Johan Cruyff are my all time favourite players. I'll be watching world cup games if I'm home but wouldn't stay in especially to watch games given the choice of a day out in the woods because (as I read in a book somewhere) Nature IS the greatest show on earth. And it's entirely free.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Football:cussing: :yuck: arrrrgh:aargh4: :censored:
I can only think of one good thing about football:- It keeps all the people (please apply own descriptive phrase here mine would get me in trouble) who follow football out of my way on a Saturday afternoon!:AR15firin
I cant wait for the world cup the woods, roads and general outdoor spaces will be quite when there's a match on, all the more for me then :D

ilovemybed please don't start another on of these threads about golf that will really get me going and I'll be asking if the other mods will:ban:

James

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
game? - it ain't no game, it's a busness!

the sooner we get knocked out the better so life can get back to normal and we can ditch all this false patriotism the better i say!:soapbox:

i'll get my coat........:eek:

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Golf...now theres another pointless sport. Whats so amazing with paying outrageous fees to walk on a field hitting a ball?

My colleage pays £4000 a year for the priviledge of doing it!!!!!!!!

A few years of that and you could have brought your own wood! :D

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
jdlenton said:
Football:cussing: :yuck: arrrrgh:aargh4: :censored:
I can only think of one good thing about football:- It keeps all the people (please apply own descriptive phrase here mine would get me in trouble) who follow football out of my way on a Saturday afternoon!:AR15firin

You lucky dog - I live just round the corner from both Tynecastle (footie) and Murrayfield (rugger). On a bad day I get both sets of fans milling around my street - you can't move for 'em (and the associated police presence).

Just about any other activity causing that amount of disruption and mayhem would get banned in an instant. Actually, since footie colours are fairly strongly associated with knife crime, how about we have a footie amnesty? ;) :D

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Can't be on with the round ball game, the only things more distasteful than the revolting gum chewing spitting overpaid chavs playing it are the supporters. A shame we only ever see St George's Cross when there's a tourney on.

What bet the team will be out by the quarters? Who will be the scapegoat this time?
Losers.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
gregorach said:
You lucky dog - I live just round the corner from both Tynecastle (footie) and Murrayfield (rugger). On a bad day I get both sets of fans milling around my street - you can't move for 'em (and the associated police presence).

:lmao: I'd have moved pretty quick if i realised that!!!hang on no i don't think i would have moved in in the first place !!!!

gregorach said:
Just about any other activity causing that amount of disruption and mayhem would get banned in an instant. Actually, since footie colours are fairly strongly associated with knife crime, how about we have a footie amnesty? ;) :D

we've got some big bins here I'll wheel them out the front and see how many balls I get:D
we could always change the law and make inflatable spheres over 3" illegal to possess and carry

James

Mantic

Nomad
May 9, 2006
UK
My word! So many of us don't like footie! I dread the world cup - every time I get the same conversations:

Them - "so who do you think will win"

Me - "I don't know, I don't watch football"

Them - "Don't like football? Well of course if we got in the finals, you'd watch then".

Me - "Nope. As I said, I don't watch football"

Them - "blahblahblahyou'renotarealmanblahblahblahwhat'sthematterwith youblahblahblahlargebucketofmanureblahblahblah"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE