can lannyman come out to play?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrs toilet digger

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2011
tynemouth
Its ok Stu i will learn to cope with you not being there, you know your like my brother and i miss you lots, boo, hoo, hoo...

keep safe dude and will give Mark a big wet kiss for you....;)

Mr Digger, j, im not sure if Moz is off but i will ask him if he is, im sure he will go home though as his girl friend is preggers and does not see him that much.....

if i remember i will bring some Borax and we will see what happens to those chains i have, will see if we cant get them into some form of block or another for that blade for your better half.....:):):):):)

i'm i missing something??!! ... or does he have another better half ?? :D:D:D

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks Jamie that would be good, i normaly contact Steph a week or 2 before so its all good.

im just doing 1 night the Sat, im working till late Friday......:(:(:(:(:(

what area are we going for this time, im easy as long as its not megga windey...

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
phoned today but no one home so left a message, then got a message when i forgot my phone ;
yes its fine
gonna send an email with approx numbers.
but...........................apparently someone from BCUK has been in touch about organising a jamboree ??????? is it you?:BlueTeamE

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Ladies,

I am more than happy to put funds towards some meat. Has there been any progress in this regard?

Stu I will miss you.

I have never seen or heard the word Jamboree used in a converstion before.

I reckon I'll just be doing the Saturday night cause of mind melting, soul destroying, sleep inducing, life wasting work.

I was thinking about old wonky, can bash out the handle a bit (to extend it) and then heat treat the blade? Then I could file the handle into shape and it would save me a lot of work. Or would the stell be too hard or brittle or something? Should I file it down and before I bring it?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Ladies,

I am more than happy to put funds towards some meat. Has there been any progress in this regard?

Stu I will miss you.

I have never seen or heard the word Jamboree used in a converstion before.

I reckon I'll just be doing the Saturday night cause of mind melting, soul destroying, sleep inducing, life wasting work.

I was thinking about old wonky, can bash out the handle a bit (to extend it) and then heat treat the blade? Then I could file the handle into shape and it would save me a lot of work. Or would the stell be too hard or brittle or something? Should I file it down and before I bring it?

bring it allong as is and we can have a play dude, should be fine as it is, it will need tempering in the oven when you get home though mate. about 190 c should do it, but worry more about the colour, pale wood or straw colour is what your after dude.

like i say bring it along and we can have a play....;)

thanks for booking J, any chance you can get a sheep from some place, we could skin gut and butcher on site, and the obvious i could do to one side quiet and calm... just a thought???

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
, any chance you can get a sheep from some place, we could skin gut and butcher on site, and the obvious i could do to one side quiet and calm... just a thought???

i'm hedge laying this weekend, and the guy i do it with is the 'go to' guy, we did a dexter cow a couple of months ago :) so i can ask, it'll have to be shot off site, cos there is aside from the ethical, legal and humaine issues, NO way i'm having a live sheep in my car :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:unless mark wants to give it one of his special cuddles? :p

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
merrygold85
toilet digger
mrs toilet digger (maybe)
lannyman
chris_r
Raikey
greensurfingbear
drewdunnrespect (TBC)
Minstrel
andyc54 (plus daughter and nephew)
PBee + (misses maybe)
Vandeen

Greets all, just joined to put my name up for this meet, been looking at the previous ones, & it looks like a good time was had by all.

20+ years since I last wild camped so I'm keen to learn some new tips & skills, & especially more about hammocks. Currently only a ground dweller and fancying trying an alternative if someone has one that needs "load testing" :lmao:

Able to do one night or two depending on whats happening with everyone, but I will probs have to leave for a bit some time on Saturday.

See you then.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
welcome vandeen, always.

chaps, spoke to the meat pimp and he's going to bear me in mind, so its 50/50. if not i got a big lamb joint as i said earlier cos all of my share of the dexter has been munched. i'll also speak to the ratman at work for a rabbit or 2.

i also got some cedar of lebanon that is in handy chunks and well seasoned, will bring it along for carving stuff. erm... could make charcoal in a biscuit tin, draw moustaches on our sleeping compadres. :)

and depending on how strong chris's devil wine is, might get something done on sunday.

where does we think a good place to build ''klondike'' this time?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
im thinking near to the entrance on the right hand side down the bottom of the hill near the old building, it will be good for the forge (HHMmm bricks). i also dont want to lug all the teaching kit about the whole place again..:)

i might have a few friends coming with me, well adleast 1 John from work.

ok, the teaching thing and plan for the weekend.

Saturday: am, set up camp, get a fire wood pile done ( this should allow all to get sorted before lunch for some lessons in the pm )
pm, tinders, chemical fire lighting, char cloth, flint and steel, bow drill ( will try and get some set's or wood for them by then ) followed by (if we get any) some game prep and then later that night some forging on the new mobile anvil.....:):):):):):):):) oh and cherry wine (its not great as it needs 12 months to be really good but better then ginger beer, sorry i mean devil beer....:):):):) )

Sunday: recap, or fit in what we cant on Sat, most people go early but i will be staying untill 1700 hrs ish before i go, so any thing that people want to recap just ask the sunday morning. could also try some flint napping "IF" time allows, its going to be quite a big group so people may need to chip in and help out, please...;)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i can bring a pork joint my mate rears 3 pigs a year on his small holding,they forage for there own food in the woods and are left longer before butchering so the meats really tasty :D

i would love to help out chris but my skills are n't upto much i can bring my flint and steel set for people to try (thats about it really, sorry)

is the place you want to camp when you leave the field into the woods on the right hand side or am i way off?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE