Bushcraft Worldwide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
I was just wondering how big bushcraft is across the world.
I'm not talking about proper bush people, I'm talking about people who live in the modern world (have computers, 9 to 5 jobs) and do bushcraft at weekends and holidays.
Just thinking if it is a big thing across the globe, has anybody thought of trying to arrange a get together, bit like the scouts do, but on a smaller scale.
It would allow more bushcraft knowledge to be passed around the globe and may even noticed by the media or something, and then (possibly dreaming here) it might be allowed in a larger scale somewhere on this planet, and then maybe (even more dreaming here) one day (2750?) they might change the laws to make it easier for people to do bushcraft.
Anyone have any thioughts on this?

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
gillmacca said:
I was just wondering how big bushcraft is across the world.
I'm not talking about proper bush people, I'm talking about people who live in the modern world (have computers, 9 to 5 jobs) and do bushcraft at weekends and holidays.
Just thinking if it is a big thing across the globe, has anybody thought of trying to arrange a get together, bit like the scouts do, but on a smaller scale.
It would allow more bushcraft knowledge to be passed around the globe and may even noticed by the media or something, and then (possibly dreaming here) it might be allowed in a larger scale somewhere on this planet, and then maybe (even more dreaming here) one day (2750?) they might change the laws to make it easier for people to do bushcraft.
Anyone have any thioughts on this?
if you want the answer to how big it is, check out the members list, I don't know of a more international group than this one!!! there are people here from every part of the globe!!!!,

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Over here people would turn it to survival or outdoor life quite fast. It's just not the same IMO. :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
TheViking said:
Over here people would turn it to survival or outdoor life quite fast. It's just not the same IMO. :)

That's not going to happen with this one :wink: It's bushcraft and it's going to stay bushcraft. There's plenty of life style sites and Survival sites out there, most of the older sites that used to to cover woodcraft etc have shifted over to survival due to the way the world is going.

As woodrat said, there's a very mixed bunch on here and this year will see the start of people travelling around to spend time with each other. A few even did it last year with people they met on here :biggthump The world is our oyster :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE