Bushcraft Documentation - Can you help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Josh_L

Sep 24, 2014
London
Good day everyone, I'm a passionate student of Bushcraft and a professional photographer and film-maker. I'm really interested in documenting the subject of Bushcraft with those who thrive in the wilderness and keep traditional skills alive and relevant.

I'm posting here to see if anyone is interested in or knows of any events/institutions that I can connect with and start some conversations with the intention of making images. I'm from England but I live in Norway and the Bushcraft community here is tiny, so if anyone knows any specific people or places to try in Norway thats fantastic, but I will travel far beyond Norway for the purposes of this request.

Appreciate your help, and apologies if i have posted in the wrong thread.

Thank you,
Josh

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I work for the Scottish Crannog Centre.

Im the Leatherworker but we have all sorts of skill sets. We aim to be Britains most sustainable museum, part of that will be having the complete skill set to build and maintain our Iron Age Village.

So, there will be a lot of crafts/outdoors skills going on constantly.

We are building a crannog this summer and we need lots of hands to help; come on over.

Reactions: Josh_L

Josh_L

Sep 24, 2014
London
Good day everyone, I'm a passionate student of Bushcraft and a professional photographer and film-maker. I'm really interested in documenting the subject of Bushcraft with those who thrive in the wilderness and keep traditional skills alive and relevant.

I'm posting here to see if anyone is interested in or knows of any events/institutions that I can connect with and start some conversations with the intention of making images. I'm from England but I live in Norway and the Bushcraft community here is tiny, so if anyone knows any specific people or places to try in Norway thats fantastic, but I will travel far beyond Norway for the purposes of this request.

Appreciate your help, and apologies if i have posted in the wrong thread.

Thank you,
Josh
Hey Josh,

There's a few people here that will have some good advice for you. Off the top of my head you'd do well to drop Theresa Emmerich Kamper who runs workshops and does events in Norway - https://www.theresaemmerich.com/contact
Might also be worth contacting someone like Lisa Fenton at the University of Cumbria
Thanks Tony! Thats brilliant. Really kind of you I appreciate it. I shall get in touch.

Josh_L

Sep 24, 2014
London

Im the Leatherworker but we have all sorts of skill sets. We aim to be Britains most sustainable museum, part of that will be having the complete skill set to build and maintain our Iron Age Village.

We are building a crannog this summer and we need lots of hands to help; come on over.

Good evening, what a fantastic project I must pay you a visit. I shall get in touch via the website. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and share, I'm glad I posted here!

Hei Josh, I’m surprised that you have found the number of Norwegians interested in bushcraft to be small. I’ve only been here for 6 months, but I see people out in the woods pretty well every weekend and find traces of bushcraft-type activity often. I think the big difference between here and the UK is that the people are still so connected with the outdoors that they don’t pigeonhole it as something different. Not long after we got here I was browsing the head torches in XXL and another bloke came along, dressed, as I would describe, in full bushcraft garb. We got talking and I asked if he was into bushcraft. Cue blank look. So I explained what I meant, and yes it was his main leisure activity, he just didn’t have a name for it because, as he put it, it was ‘normal’! Same as when a bloke from around the corner goes along our road down to the beach most Fridays with a canoe and rifle slip nobody gives him a second glance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE