Bushcraft Icon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I've always wanted one but know I'd not be using it much. Prefer the fast boil of a gas burner for brew stops.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
My little one pint KK is probably the most defining piece of equipment in my camp other than my crazy quasi tipi where I am able to use it.

I have a big three pint one that holds enough equipment to cook for three all in a bag that is no bigger than the worn out original.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I've always wanted one but know I'd not be using it much. Prefer the fast boil of a gas burner for brew stops.
Oh it’s fast enough if you are carrying fuel for it. Four minutes (after I’ve fuelled it up) to boil a pint is good enough for me.

What puts most people off is the soot. It’s lovely and shiny when you see Patrick Kelly’s video but he must have filmed the packing away before he lit it.

Again it represents me to the extent that the soot doesn’t worry me at all. It has no moving parts, no consumables that I need to purchase and no maintenance. My kind of equipment.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like the sheer practicality of it.
It'll burn pretty much anything you can get in the chimney (Do Not try Reedmace heads !!)
and efficiently bring water to the boil.
That I can use it safely pretty much anywhere is a great plus too.
The extra that is the firebowl/ash and cinder catch makes a great wee stove for cooking on too. I've made cake it that, and baked potatoes, left a pot of stew to cook slow on the embers.....
It's just a really good bit of kit, if you like that kind of stuff. If you'd rather have disposable gas canisters, or carry fuel in a bottle, that's up to yourself, but the KK and it's clones; they work.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
@Toddy
Do you have the Kelly Hobo? It packs into the fire Noel takes up zero space and weighs a hundred or so grams but it makes a difference to what the stove can do.
IMG_4701.jpegIMG_4704.jpegIMG_4811.jpeg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No, I don't, and I don't have the top cooking rack either.
To be honest I manage fine with the set up I have.
The base takes a frying pan, a stew pot, a baking tin, or the wee girdle just fine.

John Elstob

Forager
Aug 18, 2019
Darlington
If I may add my 2p/cents in? Apologies if this has already been said. Having a single logo? Why? To what ends? I prefer to be the 'lone wolf' so to speak. I choose this partly due to negative experiences in the past with other groups and affiliations I have been apart of. ultimately it didn't end well and it it was usually due an individual or individuals doing, saying or acting in manner that shall we say caused upset. But also (worse case scenario) if someone breaks the law and has something with that specific logo on their person ( I know its unlikely). It tars everyone affiliated with that logo. We have a difficult enough time now, taking our hobby somewhere peaceful to practice our craft.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE