Bushcraft PLCE webbing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
my apologies, for arrogance, insensitivity and posting when full of pent up anger from a bad day.

my apologies especially to rappleby2000 and of course to all service men/women past and present, whom i have the utmost respect and gratitude for the dangerous job they do to keep me and other civvies safe

i realise that it is likely my apology will be seen as lip service or too little too late. will endeavour to keep opinions to myself or at least express them objectively without mudslinging

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
thanks for the PM apologies accepted!:rolleyes:

my apologies, for arrogance, insensitivity and posting when full of pent up anger from a bad day.

my apologies especially to rappleby2000 and of course to all service men/women past and present, whom i have the utmost respect and gratitude for the dangerous job they do to keep me and other civvies safe

i realise that it is likely my apology will be seen as lip service or too little too late. will endeavour to keep opinions to myself or at least express them objectively without mudslinging

;) I wasn't so worried about myself more the avalanche of **** that would have been heading your way from a lot of servicemen/women.:theyareon
Opinions are always welcome, it would be boring if we were all the same!:rolleyes:
no probs mate, it takes guts to apologise!goodjob

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
well, I've broken out my webbing again, for a trip up to scotland over the half term (leave tommorow)
the way I've got is set up is this (clockwise while wearing it, starting to the right of the buckle):
1x PLCE utillity pouch
1x dutch (I think) entrenching tool pouch, with the pointy end cut off to accomodate an entrenching tool of unkown origins.
1x mag-lite pouch
1x PLCE resperator haversack, as a "butt pouch"
1x web-tex PLCE water bottle pouch
1x unknown dump pouch in DPM

I've got it on a web-tex belt and yoke, and have a pair of bergan side pouches attached to the yoke above the resi pouch.

I'll have to see how well it works in the snow, in the cairngorms.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
well, I've broken out my webbing again, for a trip up to scotland over the half term (leave tommorow)
the way I've got is set up is this (clockwise while wearing it, starting to the right of the buckle):
1x PLCE utillity pouch
1x dutch (I think) entrenching tool pouch, with the pointy end cut off to accomodate an entrenching tool of unkown origins.
1x mag-lite pouch
1x PLCE resperator haversack, as a "butt pouch"
1x web-tex PLCE water bottle pouch
1x unknown dump pouch in DPM

I've got it on a web-tex belt and yoke, and have a pair of bergan side pouches attached to the yoke above the resi pouch.

I'll have to see how well it works in the snow, in the cairngorms.

Sounds interesting. How have you attached the side pouches?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
you can attach newer side pouches directly to the webbing yoke, they have a male and female QR clip at the top the older PLCE side pouches Like mine(circa 90) only have the female clip.

also at the base of the Side pouch is a small QR clip with a loop, the loop is designed to attach to the webbing belt, thus the side pouch is attached top and bottom to the yoke.
when fitted together like that it means technically the side pouches are part of your webbing so if you want something out of them you have to take your webbing off, but it is a tidy way of doing it. and it means you don't need the side pouch yoke.

I've tried it and always preferred using a separate yoke for the side pouches.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
you can attach newer side pouches directly to the webbing yoke, they have a male and female QR clip at the top the older PLCE side pouches Like mine(circa 90) only have the female clip.

also at the base of the Side pouch is a small QR clip with a loop, the loop is designed to attach to the webbing belt, thus the side pouch is attached top and bottom to the yoke.
when fitted together like that it means technically the side pouches are part of your webbing so if you want something out of them you have to take your webbing off, but it is a tidy way of doing it. and it means you don't need the side pouch yoke.

I've tried it and always preferred using a separate yoke for the side pouches.

My '89 yoke has no QR fastenings. That explains that then :confused:

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Just like to say that I've joined the 'Webbing Wearers Bushcrafters Club'. Recently aquired some PLCE webbing and will give it a whirl to see if it helps solves some of the issues I have with a daybag, or if it gets me sent to Guantanamo Bay for possession of 'A field guide to British Butterflies and Moths', a couple of water bottles and a FAK.

We'll see how I get on with it and if it ends up back on E-bay.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have something similar to the Aarnpack balance pockets. They were made by Craghoppers for attaching to the shoulder straps on any rucksack. In fact I think they were called balance pockets. I've only used them a few times I might break them out again. For my tuppence worth I'm ex RN and have shied away from PLCE kit although I did try an assault vest for a while. At the minute for short walks I've got a Maxpedition knock off that I plan on using with a rucksack for longer trips for those essentials it's nice to keep to hand.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:rolleyes:

I only noticed it the other day....

next time you see "Tommy walsh" (the big builder from ground force) have a look at his belt and braces....

i watched him on a program recently, he wears a standard tool belt with various pockets and pouches, and noticed the braces aren't attached to his trousers...

....the braces are holding up the belt.....it's a yoke!:rolleyes:
41nqf6D%2BMLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

and wouldn't you know it...he sells them!:rolleyes::lmao:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommy-Walsh...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1268503160&sr=8-1

mabey that's the way forward, wear non matching pouches with bad braces on a leather belt!

now is everyone happy?;)

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Thats the idea!And a tin hat for protection.Dunno about .303..maybe a Bren!

Funny tin hat story:A friend of mine saw an old boy in Ireland gardening wearing a tin hat.He shouted to him:'dont you know the war's over?To which the old boy replied 'ah, good, Victoria will be pleased!'

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Thats the idea!And a tin hat for protection.Dunno about .303..maybe a Bren!

Bren, what's that when it's at home then? I want one of them new-fangled Maxim guns, though it'll never beat the bayonet. The Fuzzy-Wuzzies didn't like it up 'em in the Sudan!

Ah well got to go, I'm sailing off to Africa. A bunch of Cloggy farmers are getting a bit uppity again. They've got no chance, I hear they had to get their rifles from Germany of all places.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I hear brown is coming into fashion!
them fithy dirty soldiers have been rolling in the mud!, spoiling the queens uniform!

I'm disgusted! if you can't see you face in your belt buckle you should be shot!

dammit shoot the lot of em' anyway!

sdf234

Apr 18, 2009
Dixie
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the PLCE "NI" chest rig's utility pouches will hold a complete Crusader unit (Bottle, mug, steel mug, and cooker)?

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
Should do easily maybe a bit of a faff with the cooker. Next time I'm out in the garage I'll check it out. The 58 bottle will fit in very well so the mug shouldn't be a problem.

iano

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2010
Wales
The 58 bottle will indeed fit in fine so I'd hazard a guess the mug etc will do as well. That said, the issue chest rig is a pretty minimal piece of kit - its pretty much set up for when you are carrying only the essentials (compare it to some of the beltkits you see set up with 2x double ammo and 4 or 5 water/utilities on them) - so I wouldn't be surprised if you had a hard time getting the full Crusader set up in.

My CRs in a different loc to where I am at the mo so I can't really check for you, but its pretty much just for mags, grens and water - light and fast for a specific task or role, and probably vehicle mounted too. Not so much for cooking and general purpose utility kit that would enable you to live for relatively-long periods out of only your CR in a wide range of scenarios.

That said, it is a pretty militant looking piece of kit. Not wanting to reignite a whole argument again, honest :pokenest: but personally webbing looks too militaristic for me to wear, unless obviously I'm on the Army's time... as for in my own time I would be uncomfortable using beltkit (you however may not be...) but chest rigs and assault vests etc are even more overtly military and basically give you a DPM torso to the front, and are designed more for 'bullets and water', not really practical for hiking kit. Are you sure you want to use one? :theyareon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE