Winter kit loaded and good to go- first tester of the kit pledge pic heavyish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I like your gear, a nice practical blend of old and new. Looking forward to a trip report :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
tarps I prefer as I can have them open to the fire.i am reasonably protected where my campsite is. plus using the tarp rig up I was shown by mesquite on my birthday bash I think I will be pretty windproof-I can't remember the set ups name sorry

It's an Adirondack wind sled pitch Sam... if you keep saying it often enough you might remember the name :rolleyes:

I was shown it by Wayland and personally I think it's one of the best tarp pitches you can use when you need good shelter from the wind :)

Tutorial here

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
your layout reminds me of a military book I have called survival......nice loadout.....ASDA will be gettin a visit for the jerky when the roads are open again....

btw the only woods I know that are even half wonderful in Beds is Twinwood ;-)....didnt think there were many around? I use to live on the northants beds cambs border see........
ttfn
m

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice looking set up. goodjob

Which synmat is that one?

And why is there an abundance of pipe smokers on here? :confused:

Last edited:
your layout reminds me of a military book I have called survival......nice loadout.....ASDA will be gettin a visit for the jerky when the roads are open again....

btw the only woods I know that are even half wonderful in Beds is Twinwood ;-)....didnt think there were many around? I use to live on the northants beds cambs border see........
ttfn
m
i am lucky enough to have a small copse on beds/cambs border as permission as it is owned by my godfather....
survival eh? i admit to nothing especially owning that book :)
nice one bud looks like your going to have a fun testing time! can i ask what bells palsy is? oh and whats that wee knife you have there third one down looks a tasty wee nipper
Bell's palsy is slumping/paralysis of one side of the face, like a stroke victim. apparently it is rare tohave it more than once, i get told this every time i have it, there is various ideas as to what can cause it, stress, exhaustion, a nasty viral infection, blows to nerves in the face and the cold. i'm not handsome as it is without taking any more chances!
the wee knife is a kellam fixed blade pocket knife, the handle can also be used as a firesteel with a piece of flint, it came wicked sharp and needs a decent christening

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ah right Thanks. I got the 7ul short one. Havent tested it in freezing temps yet though. Your kit looks well thought out.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Great post, very detailed! I've enjoyed looking through all your gear, looking forward to hearing how you get on with it

Hope you have a good weekend in the woods

All the best

Matt

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Ooh, kit. Very nice load.
Fancy people asking, why so many sharps, are there too many?
Will look forward to the pic of your setup camp when you're back.
Do you use a dry bag at all in the rucksack or is it fairly dry in there? I have one in my sabre and I find it a pain in the 'cough' but I like the reasurance of dry clothes and kit.

Ps look everyone I have a shopping list to work to :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE