Bushcraft Starter Set Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Hi all

I am clearing out some excess/duplicated gear I have accumulated and will not use unless I live to be 200 and wondered if anybody would be interested in a full starter bushcraft/wild camping setup?

I have not included a knife as the cost and choice varies so much and people tend to like a certain type/style.

All items are either new or in very good used condition

Bushcraft/wild camping starter set-up

Something to Carry your outfit in

Highlander trooper 45 rucksack – olive green new and unused.

Shelter/Sleep
British army DPM basha [used but good condition].

British army bivvy bag [used once, excellent condition] includes 550 paracord, pegs and stuff sack.

Khyam ultralight 800 sleeping bag in stuff sack [used once with a liner – excellent condition].

Foam roll mat.

Tools/Fire
No Name Headtorch [sealed in original packing] uses 3 x AAA

Bahco Laplander folding saw [new and unused] enough said!

Army firesteel [new] with tinder kit comprising both natural and synthetic tinder.

Shotgun cartridge matchsafe [no matches will be posted just in case].

Leather gloves – I use them when camping around the fire. Brand new

Doubled sided hardwood backed pocket strop [approx 8” long x 2 ½”wide will be supplied with a piece of Starky Stropping compound. Never used.

Cooking/Water carrying/food
Hobo stove set up [includes: quality home made stainless steel billy can with wire bail, SS hobo stove [ikea kitchen drainer], pop can meths stove, Swedish folding kuska, spork, and pegs to allow adjustment of the grill height] great setup, which I use myself, can burn natural materials such as wood [not supplied], meths [not supplied] or hexamine [supplied]. all items are new.

British Army ration pack [unopened]

British army NATO water bottle and plastic cup/lid [used but good condition] will be sterilised inside before posting.

Hexy stove with fuel [new and unused] backup water boiling/cooking option.

Medical kit
Personal First Aid Kit in zip up pouch [plasters, bandages, mediwipes, medium size dressings] all items sealed and unused].

Books
DK: FIRST AID MANUAL - 7th EDITION - Paperback – excellent condition
Collins Gem SAS Survival Guide v good condition

£180

postage will be extra or could be collected [I am willing to meet ½ way if reasonably local].

If interested PM me and I can supply pictures to your email.

Last edited:

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Hi Max. The starter kits are out of my price range and need, but I am looking for a knife or two: A small Fixed Blade Wood Carver, or bushcraft/camp knife, spoon knife, 9 year olds first knife (fixed blade, perhaps with finger guard and sheath) etc... although I am very open to different knives. I can't PM you (for some reason) but firstly do you have any knives for sale, and if so, would you have any photos (along with proces) that I may look at?

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
I'm sorry i dont have any knives to sell, i'm sure if you place a wanted ad in the classifieds you wont go far wrong

ATB
Max

Hi Max. The starter kits are out of my price range and need, but I am looking for a knife or two: A small Fixed Blade Wood Carver, or bushcraft/camp knife, spoon knife, 9 year olds first knife (fixed blade, perhaps with finger guard and sheath) etc... although I am very open to different knives. I can't PM you (for some reason) but firstly do you have any knives for sale, and if so, would you have any photos (along with proces) that I may look at?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'd be interested in the bivi bag if the price is right? Please pm if you do decide to split :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE