Bush Hat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Was wondering if anyone had any links or suggestions to a good waterproof bush style hat (Aussie bush hat type). I normally wear a gortex peak cap hat since i wear glasses when it rains, but get annoyed with the band at bottom of cap gets wet, It doesnt have to be leather either and affordable.

thankyou for any help

Sanji

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
I like hats. Got loads of them. The closest one that I have to what you describe that I have is the Barmah Squashy Oiled Leather hat which they stock in the Australian Shop here in London - http://www.angloaustraliantrading.com/AustraliaShop/AUDetail.aspx?ID=2375 - actually it looks like they are out of stock.

If you want a great all rounder though then I suggest getting a Tilley T3 hat. Canadian, not Australian but very well made and it does keep the rain off mostly. Also a lot more comfortable to wear when it's hot.

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
Here's my old faithful T3 that's seen a lot of action. I have a newer one that's more comfortable but I still love this old one that's been with me all over the world and I've had for about 20 years ^^

4760109776_a7e4a78a15_z.jpg

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, another Tilley T3 fan here... Although I used to have an Aussie Bush Snowy Mountain hat which I really liked, until I left it on an airport transfer bus in San Francisco. Now that hat was definitely waterproof (which the Tilley isn't, really) - I wore it working outdoors in NSW in the wet season.

EastSussexScout

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Brighton
i have a black leather aussie style hat. like a stetson. does the job perfectly. mine is made by bute. reputable brand, no connections bla bla bla. very satisfied :)

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
T3 looks very nice. I guess I need a tape measure around my head to check what size I am? Should I add a little bit extra for comfort?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE