Winter hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I am looking for a waterproof and warm winter hat I wear glasses and am more or les bald so a peak is usefull and heat retention also

Looking at Sealskins but open to suggestions

What do you reccommend

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Well I ended up at Tamarack today and bought a Bergens winter hat , after looking at a few others on the net and in real life at a few outdoors shops

Thanks for all your comments

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
I also use a brim hat for much the same reasons but I add a hat liner (a thin polypro beannie) to keep my ears covered in the winter - this works for me while walking. Note I also use a bandanna headband to help keep my forehead warm also.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
just been in to go outdoors they ordered one of the lowe alpine hats from loughborough for me as they were out of stock at the cardiff store thats what i call service regards dave

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
one word of warning re the loew alpine hat, it is really warm. I run hot, and can only wear mine on the coldest days, generally when there's a cold, strong wind, else I overheat. For general use I still prefer my tweed cap.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Another vote for the Lowe Alpine hats :) I've got two, and they are just excellent. TallMikeM's right though, they are warm.....when I'm cold enough to wear a hat though, that's just exactly what I want.
The ear flaps panel thing is just the right depth to cover that vulnerable nape of the neck bit too.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE