BG Ultimate knife. straight from the horses mouth!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I like the idea of the fire steel and sharpener on the sheath but that's already been done with much better quality kit.

rancid badger

Well, I'm actually a bit staggered that I could watch that at all.:togo:
To be fair to the lad, he does mention that he " hopes you never need it for real" or was that just the bit of paper with the "survival" instructions, he was referring to?:rolleyes:

Bless him, he really seemed to think that him endorsing it, actually meant something, to anyone over 9 years old:eek:

R.B.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
hmmm, wouldnt be my first choice thats for sure!! Bear is less than eloquent in the description of his R&D of the knife, BUT fair play to him, he's making money out of it. I've no doubt that the knife will do well, looks like something my mother/sister would give me for a birthday or christmas in a well-meaning, if misguided attempt to support my hobbies. I can see most of them sitting in a draw in peoples den/shed/garage...and IMHO thats the best place for it...

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i lost alot of respect for bear when he started marketing this knife, how can anyone possibly say this is the "ultimate" knife. ive seen other videos where the blade has snapped and chipped, the handle has broken ect. if you need to rely on your knife i very much doubt it would be sensible to bring a plastic rivited handle with removable parts out with you.
ive never got the whole serrations concept, seems to render half of the edge usless apart from cutting rope and grizzly bear throats of course.

again, just another marketing gimmik.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Similar to the cheap Rambo knock off knives in the 80's that I thought would change my entire world. I'll admit I paid my six bucks and got one back in the day and it was nearly worth every penny as a kid. I'm guessing these BG ones aren't cheap though? Are they 420 MOLECULAR steel like the rambo type knives?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
But WHO exactly will buy it?? anybody who knows anything about knives can see it for what it is and wont buy it. resulting in a load of BG wannabees army rolling around local woodlands, jumping off waterfalls and wildly hacking at anything they see "surviving" all over the place. Knives are not toys as we all know!! And shouldn't be marketed to people who want to "play" Bear Grylls.

Dan

the same people who bought Rambo knives in the 80's and ninja swords in the 90's

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
He isnt daft is he? He knows fine well that anyone who buys this knife is buying it for how it looks to the uneducated eye and for the BG name. I (and i'm sure he) would be gobsmacked if anyone actually bought it to be used in the event of an actual survival situation. In fact you can almost see it on his cheeky wee smug grin :)

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I've had a brief look at one up close, it just seems like a high vis step down from the Gerber Prodigy, the same kind of step down there is from the LMF to the Prodigy...if that makes sense?

gimme a Mora Clipper any day....

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
hahaha i like the phrase ,..and i quote "you get ALL my advice on how to survive" and he holds up a piece of paper no bigger than a leaflet,...hahaha

you cant write this,...

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
The build quality looks on a par with the Mora Clipper, if BG's knife was £20 it would be worth a punt, but at £64, then for me, not enough bang for my buck!

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
its not worth twice a mora... if it were £5 i might buy one so in 30 years i can laugh about it like that rambo knife.
still, the parang is cheaper, if i was forced to choose (im thinking dangled over a pit full of some kind of dinosaur/chuck norris hybrids) i would have the parang and obliterate bear grylls from it in every way possible.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I couldn't agree more guys.It looks like a cheap piece of tat from one of those pound shops.
Even without the BG endorsement it is a fabulously unattractive proposition.
Gerber do seem to be deeply infatuated with the serrated edge.Maybe it's for the ultimate
crinkle cut chip?
I do need a BG knife though : Bernie Garland please!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE