BG Ultimate knife. straight from the horses mouth!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Nice comment on Youtube, Red!

His royal chubbyness does exactly the same thing as well endorsing products and selling them through his website, and who is to knock any of the two of them for doing so!!

Yeah, but RM always sells high quality gear - vastly over priced quality gear :D

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
It reminds me of my first sheath knife I had when I was twelve. A black painted green plastic handled affair with a chisel edge and a serated back. Very action man. I soon learnt it wasn't a good knife.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
hahah yeah either that,...

or ,...(for better TV,....

he,s drinking Dodo,s weewee and making a coat out of his girlfriend

haha!

he'd be mocked far less if he demonstrated genuine survival skills, the army taught ones maybe.

Mears has made a profitable franchise for himself..he popularised 'bushcraft' and I think might have even came up with the name (according to his earlier shows he mentioned that), but he doesn't mutilate the bodies of anything alive in his path just for the camera.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Mears has made a profitable franchise for himself..he popularised 'bushcraft' and I think might have even came up with the name (according to his earlier shows he mentioned that)

You know, I was wondering about the earliest mention of the word Bushcraft in a book today? 1967 in Don't Die in the Bundu is the earliest I have on the shelf. any one got anything earlier?

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
yeah, i saw the lizard one in the desert repeated t other night,..

ok he used a proper knife to do it ,..but just cut its head off and ate it?....eh?...

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
You know, I was wondering about the earliest mention of the word Bushcraft in a book today? 1967 in Don't Die in the Bundu is the earliest I have on the shelf. any one got anything earlier?

ah that's interesting, I don't recall hearing it before Mears though. Why don't many of 'bushcraft' enthusiasts here make baskets and stuff like that? seems like all anyone does is make spoons..

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
You'll find lots of handy crafts and good stuff in the diy section chap, spoons/cup/bowls are a great way to practise newly learnt carving skills so it's nice to let others see and get a bit of inspiration, after all how doesn't enjoy a good bit of spoon-age?

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
ah that's interesting, I don't recall hearing it before Mears though. Why don't many of 'bushcraft' enthusiasts here make baskets and stuff like that? seems like all anyone does is make spoons..

hahahaha

Samon!,..

i,m speechless,...

have you actually looked around the forums?...

baskets and "stuff" ,...think about what "stuff" youd like to see , and use the search function,...i bet you a fiver you'll find a thread of someone doing it,..

obviously dont search for Dolphin Wrestling or summat just to win a fiver,....

Seriously tho,...you need to look before sweeping statements like that,...

:):)

Stu

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
hahahaha

Samon!,..

i,m speechless,...

have you actually looked around the forums?...

baskets and "stuff" ,...think about what "stuff" youd like to see , and use the search function,...i bet you a fiver you'll find a thread of someone doing it,..

obviously dont search for Dolphin Wrestling or summat just to win a fiver,....

Seriously tho,...you need to look before sweeping statements like that,...

:):)

Stu

haha, I don't mean it negatively though, it's just I check the new threads and don't see much of that stuff.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
well as a Scout I wont be buying one these bur what surprised me was how much Gerber was chugging out with BG logo

Look HERE I am not a fan of Gerber kit or serations

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
hmmmm, reading internet forums often reminds me how easy it is to knock someone.

Fortunataly we have free choice and we dont have to watch it.

As for the knife, it looks like it cuts okay. I am sure i could to camping and make it do all ill need it to do. Of course i would choose a more effecient tool. But hey ho

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

I make baskets - p*ss poor ones as yet...but I am getting better :)

Unlike BG branded kit - the Bayley knife though fugly was a real knife by all acounts while the Gerber seems to fall apart in use from all accounts!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE