Annoying or Cool BCUK Avatars - Discuss But Without Being Rude!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Do you have any specific one's in mind to start the ball rolling, some are'nt very ''bushcraft'' as such, but ive not come across any that annoy me, well that im aware of.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've only had three, but the old ones keep on disappearing....

bush.jpg
151FinishedDevalBushcrafterRWL34-7.jpg

I liked my old greenman one, but it doesn't work on the new forum.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I like avatars - I like the way it feels like spotting an old friend in the street when you see a familiar one.

I have to say I don't like it much when people change them every 5 mins - i'm a slow old fool and like things to change gradually (if at all ;))

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
When i joined i had a picture of me in full combat gear with my AK. it didn't go down well... still the mods were understanding and now i have my ol guitar avatar, ripped off from a comic strip about the game portal from penny arcade ;)

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
Its just another way for folk to express who they are and give themselves a face in this faceless, voiceless media.
I generally like them and look for familiar 'faces' and take interest in reading what they are writing.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
For many years I refused to have one.

Have often thought of changing it for another just as silly, but I dislike changing avatars.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
i think avatars are great. A good quck reference to whos posting without having to deliberately look who it is. A bit of expression to an otherwise expressionless screen.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've mine since day 1 on here (well the original was a moving pic, but it doesn't work anylonger :( ). I like the use of avatars, I often know who post a message by only seeing the avatar before the username :) Sometimes I get confused when an old avatar (that I know off by an older non-active member) pops up and is used by a new member ... :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You dont like my avatar?
Then it is either me or my sewing you have something against and we can sort this out by stepping outside!
On this site my name is my real name and my avatar is me and my opinions are mine...like it or lump it , "I am what I am , and thats all that I am!" :)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I really like my avatar, which is why its my avatar.
happy0054.gif

Its actually a 'Little Cracker' stove, for mounting in a vehicle, cabin etc.

Designed and made in NZ, its a lovely bit of kit. The ceramic tile holders at the sides act as a shield and retain heat, they use a standard size tile, so the owner can fit one to their own taste.

Multi-Fuel model shown, the 'Woody' has a longer, one piece door with larger glazing. Mk 5 has built in rear and base heat shields.

I was due to go to NZ last year and was going to buy one, but the trip got deferred. Not very bushcrafty, but I love it.

glass-one2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE