Electronic Bushcraft, Sourcing Energy and building Radio Communication from Earth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Colinski

Jan 12, 2024
London
I am not sure if my header creates the attraction to the people that are interested in this topic.
This is a seed of a conversation that can become electric.
Without energy we would never exist, Energy is abundant all around us. Solar, Earth, Ions and so on.
It is not difficult to create energy around us in nature. It is not free energy as people say but it is a long lasting energy source.
The Earth Core, Ionosphere, Sun and Space Radiation are all sources including others like Nitrogen, Oxygen etc. But without using combustable methods How do we do this ! Without materials you can make electrical energy from trees to ground to charge devices and also build instruments with quarts and other crystals though i don't believe crystals are the answer.
I have charged my phone with a tree and some metals and Earth. I have also charged the phone with water flowin conduction with a stream and a tree and it works but very primative. In EOW it could be cool if others think the same and satellites still function or we build reflection transmissions or use microwaves to the Ionosphere. Any thoughts?

• Wow
Reactions: Bishop

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am thinking an ionic sail to capture the solar wind could be an effective solution, potentially coupled with a key line current.
Thoughts?

Sent from underground

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy and nigelp

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What is the little techno thing called that takes the heat from a stove or fire and charges up a power pack/phone ?
@Gailainne had one years ago at a meet up.

Last edited:

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am not sure if my header creates the attraction to the people that are interested in this topic.
This is a seed of a conversation that can become electric.
Without energy we would never exist, Energy is abundant all around us. Solar, Earth, Ions and so on.
It is not difficult to create energy around us in nature. It is not free energy as people say but it is a long lasting energy source.
The Earth Core, Ionosphere, Sun and Space Radiation are all sources including others like Nitrogen, Oxygen etc. But without using combustable methods How do we do this ! Without materials you can make electrical energy from trees to ground to charge devices and also build instruments with quarts and other crystals though i don't believe crystals are the answer.
I have charged my phone with a tree and some metals and Earth. I have also charged the phone with water flowin conduction with a stream and a tree and it works but very primative. In EOW it could be cool if others think the same and satellites still function or we build reflection transmissions or use microwaves to the Ionosphere. Any thoughts?
Have you thought about pyramid technology? You could use a square based pyramid made of copper or glass to focus vibrational fields on to the receptor, thereby avoiding eddy currents in the flux.

Sent from underground

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Reactions: Toddy

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Is an earth battery possible? Yes, they have been around since the late 1800's. The Egyptians were gold plating 3000 years ago.
You can build your homemade earth batteries using just a handful of copper spikes, galvanized nails, and copper wire. If that description makes you doubt the earth battery's potential, don't. Earth batteries can produce up to 5 volts – enough to power everyday electronics such as radios, lamps, and mobile phones.

Reactions: Toddy and gg012

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Anyone remember those potato powered clocks?
I recently picked one up at the charity shop for a few pence, and it works realy well. There are two wires coming from the little clock, that each have a different metal spike, one is copper, I don't know what metal the other is, as sadly the instructions were missing. Just stick them into either end of a potato and it powers a little led clock. I recon you could use other veg aswell. Interesting idea. I've heard of sand batteries too, though not gone into them as I have too many ideas and projects as it is.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
All fine and dandy but they are limited to such low power. The ion sail is enough to power a satellite on its way ...but.. it only adds 0.00001 to its speed each day. Over years and tens of years it adds up but is is not enough to cook a bacon sandwich mind.

Reactions: Toddy

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I thought Biolite stoves were a bit gimmicky, but AvE reviewed one and liked it, so perhaps maybe they have some use.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I still have somewhere an old Soviet kettle that can give out 12v,3A while boiling water on a stove. Apparently it has an operational (hot) life of about 1000h. That is already useful power level.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Is an earth battery possible? Yes, they have been around since the late 1800's. The Egyptians were gold plating 3000 years ago.
You can build your homemade earth batteries using just a handful of copper spikes, galvanized nails, and copper wire.
Any two metals and an electrolyte liquid will make a battery. Varying the metals, solutions and receptacle will vary the voltage and current that it generates

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Colinski

Jan 12, 2024
London
Guys and Gals, Energy is all around us, Including outselves. I want to get away from Combustion as it is so wasteful and to look into fusion and reactions, prefferably regenerative. Dont forget Solar Power is actually combustable energy by source. So ate the end of the day there is no free energy. However there is a lesser combustable energy and that is Gravity. Emagine gravity as a water wheel. The key is where do you catch it in the universe to be effective to collect the energy. We are far from the center of the universe and it is not easily calculated as there are many. Imagine the giro aspect of a wheel spinning at speed. But something is not right as many more dimentions are involved in the Gyroscopic effect. Magnetic combined efects with light / darkness / heat and cold create strange effects. I believe that the empty space 99'ish % is not empty at all and probably includes matter we don't yet know and antimatter.
I have only experimented a few time but not 100% clued up in it. But i did make an experiment i followed online as a Tesla Sphere. And that was too scary, Not controllable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE