ZOMBIES! Lots and lots of zombies!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cabin in the woods starts off the usual way teens go to a cabin in a woods, then it goes way off tangent with just about every monsters,ghost,ghoul from every horror genre running amock.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Just looking at the short trailer it seems that they will be deviating heavily from the 'plot' of the book. Understandable as the book is a collection of 1st person accounts without a central character. I hope it lives up to the book!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well ta for that - it an come off the list then.

Great film, if you've not seen it Elen, full film is on youtube

[video=youtube;9fiy4A3sbd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fiy4A3sbd4[/video]

Another for you if your new to Zombie films

[video=youtube;rt_duMYGUnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt_duMYGUnA&feature=re lated[/video]

The daddy of them all in some respects, so bad its fantastic viewing

[video=youtube;5N5-UzUxBss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N5-UzUxBss[/video]

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ooooh crap, why oh why did I have to view that clip???! Zombies bursting out of the walls like a plague of rats. Just the sort of memory I need to go to bed with. :aargh4:

I have World War Z on my kindle but really couldn't get into it. Maybe I ought to give it a second try.

Elen, Dog Soldiers is a lot better than most godawful films that have been churned out over the years. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was. Very much done in the black humour vein but still very watchable. Having it that link to it on youtube is a real asset too, you get to view for free.

Just saw a clip for Dead Snow. I won't be watching that. Zombie Nazis? Yep that's all I need!

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I have World War Z on my kindle but really couldn't get into it. Maybe I ought to give it a second try.

Same here. I found it intruiging to start with but found that the "scene setting" from multiple accounts got bogged down a bit and tedious in the extreme. I gave up because I got bored but I will give it another go sometime, before the zombie apocalypse actually happens!

I did enjoy watching some of the action on sets when they filmed around George Square in Glasgow :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What is Cabin in the woods like? Any good?

Good film I thought.

Much more than just a horror film , more of a plea to Hollywood to stop making formula based horror films based on common variables and sterotypes. Works on several levels I thought.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I'm looking forward to seeing the film, mainly because my son & myself stumbled across them filming some of the movie in Glasgow so got to see some of the action sequences and stunts taking place (one of them is featured in the trailer).

Never having read the book, I'm not sure what expectations I have of the movie. With so many actors and extras mumbling incoherently, groaning, chaotically lumbering across the screen with their lifeless and expressionless faces...I'm sure Brad Pitt will fit in perfectly:D

Loved Dog Soldiers though, great scenery and enough action with a touch of tongue in cheek. Dead Snow is also well worth a watch.

I must admit to being a big fan of 28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later. Slow moving zombies are a great way to build up tension but take a good zombie film, fuel-up the zombies on red bull & mars bars before handing them some running shoes and you have some exhausting, edge of the seat stuff...

The Omega Man with Chaz Heston was one if the first zombie vs well armed prepper movies and pretty good for it's time. Will Smith's I am Legend is OK too.

I would urge everyone not to watch Mark Dacascos' I am Omega as it takes z list zombie movies down to a whole new level of naffness. In one particular scene, the director decided that there wasn't enough gunplay and spliced in scenes from another film. The result was you have the main character running down an alley in a built up area shooting an M16 at pursuing zombies spliced with footage of a random stranger inexplicably firing an AK47 in a heavily wooded area. Please, please, please don't watch it as you will regret it to your dying day and you'll never, ever get that wasted time back!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Oh dear ! Now the opposite point of view ... maybe back on the list then, see what Hubby says :D. Faslane eh, those were the days when I was working ...

Great film!! Really funny. Low budget. Yes. Tongue in cheek. Yes. Silly Oh Yes! But entertaining and thats what counts, Sean Pertwee was great in Dog Soldiers..

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
The Omega Man with Chaz Heston was one if the first zombie vs well armed prepper movies and pretty good for it's time. Will Smith's I am Legend is OK too.

You do know that both films are based on the book "I am Legend"? Both interpret the book a bit differently (and there was a second ending made for the Will Smith version, "just in case").

The book is well worth reading IMO, not very long at all. And when I realised where the title came from I went "Ahhhhhhhhhh, now I see!!!!"

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
You do know that both films are based on the book "I am Legend"? Both interpret the book a bit differently (and there was a second ending made for the Will Smith version, "just in case"
Just out of interest, just in case what? I much preferred the alternate ending.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
On youtube in full
[video=youtube;6vcWlUn6B9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vcWlUn6B9w[/video]

This is a classic, I can upload to youtube if anybody wants the full version

[video=youtube;EE_gkuOqIzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE_gkuOqIzs[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE