Your limited

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Ray Mears all tooled up
A caravanette
Mobile phone with the number for meals on wheels
Hilda Ogden to keep the campsite clean and tidy during the day
Denise Van Outen to keep me warm at night.

Hell I'll stay for 5 years.

1: Mors Kochanski.

Do I need to make up something for 2 - 4?

That was hilarious!!! I met him last year, and all he seems to need is is a carbon steel Mora.

This list presupposes that I would be living in Northern Canada, in the Boreal Forest (and not on a beach in Bermuda)...

For me, my top five would be:
  1. Mora carbon steel knife
  2. Axe (my trusty Granfors Bruks Small Forest Axe)
  3. Tarp
  4. Pot (as in steel pot... not the green leafy plant)
  5. Paracord
Oh, my wife and Mors Kochanski. In that order. Honestly. Really. Yup.

Mungo

depends where i am and what i'm planning to do.

if you count my belt as one item it would be:
-belt (with my beloved puma knife, my also-beloved leatherman supertool(in my opinion the best ever made)-carried in a victorinox multitool-pocket together with bitset and a piece of hacksaw blade, small skinning knife, and a small pouch with bola and sling(i'm still practising!!!)
-water bottle x2(i'm currently in hot dry country!!!)
-cooking vessel
- magnifying glass

"disappointed by the monkeys, god created man. then he renounced to further experiments." mark twain

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Knife
Possibles Bag with contents (is that really one item?) including first aid basics - fire lighting stuff, paracord, etc.
Saw
Tarp
My Hobo Stove with contents (now I'm really pushing it)

I'll let the judges decide if it's really 5.... :rolleyes:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
You know, if you got everything else sorted, cooking equipment, tent and food, what do people actually need knives for?

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
You know, if you got everything else sorted, cooking equipment, tent and food, what do people actually need knives for?

One of my aims is getting to the stage where I will only have a knife and the clothes I stand up in for a trip out. I'm a long way off this stage but the knife would be vital. Preparing fire, food and shelter would all require a knife of some shape or form IMHO.

Even with all of the equipment listed above I would put a knife as top of the list.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh

Splitting kindling, making feathersticks, building camp furniture... All the little things that make the difference between getting by and being comfortable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE