Wish me luck!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
I would answer that I always trust in my honest response to questions and hope they see I'm genuine BUT....I don't always do anything... I've only had one interview in 20 years :eek:

Please, send me the questions :You_Rock_

I pm'd my email addy to you.

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Well....I just got back: 6 and a half hour drive from The Lakes, I'm whacked and hope it was worth it.

I felt the interview went well - they said to expect to be there an hour and I was there for two. I felt positive throughout and hope my responses showed me in a good light.

The questions were tough; had it not been for Nonsuch's heads up list of typical questions I would have been ill-prepared. Further, the emphasis on customer care was a big part as mentioned in the thread too.

I will not know till next week but I'm optimistic:)
I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get a moment; it's a magical place.

P3040026.jpg

P3040041.jpg

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
I just got off the phone with the powers that be.... I got the job and start this Monday coming.

Thanks for your support and interest in my mini drama; you can't imagine the relief and excitement I feel right now :D
I'd expected the decision at the beginning of last week at the latest!!!!
I've probably not been much fun to be around this week....

Anyway, I might have to step off the wagon for a jar tonight... CHEERS :beerchug:

See you in The Lakes...now, where can I buy a canoe :eek:

Elenias

Mar 17, 2009
Solihull
haha congratulation mate.
I just read the whole thread and got more and more excited and when you announced you got the Job i weed myself with excitement.
thats how sad I am XD
(note to self: get an exciting life instead of living vicariously through the medium of other people having an exciting life)

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Congratulations Minstrel:D
Hope some of the advice on here helped secure you the job

Definitely. I wouldn't have got it without the preparation which, in part, was directed by you guys.

The policies for open fires and groups don't look too favourable Simon..
As it is, you can't come on site in more than a group of 4. I believe this is to keep noise and nuisance levels down or enforceable. I recollect seeing a 'group' area but I believe there are restrictions there too..

I will be better placed to respond VERY soon.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great news Minstrel

It's good to hear some good news on the job front amidst all this doom and gloom at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Congratulations. You deserved it. They will have noted the level of of commitment when you drove all the way from the deep South and back again.

So like the others said, you have a reserve of over 1000 helpers, with over a 1000 beers waiting for you and , at a rough estimate a reserve of about 50,000 axes & knives to command!:lmao:

Good luck with the new job.
George:beerchug:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Well Done Minstrel I wish you every success in your new venture I hope it goes really well for you.

I will be up there myself in May lol ill expect great things!!!

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
So like the others said, you have a reserve of over 1000 helpers, with over a 1000 beers waiting for you and , at a rough estimate a reserve of about 50,000 axes & knives to command!:lmao:

Good luck with the new job.
George:beerchug:

He He He Big Geordie,

what a great image you've put in my head...not sure I'm ready for command but will happily fall in line with my comrades :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE