who is using what binoculars l?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I use kenco 8x32 field 8.0 and they are briliant i went to the shop with a chunk of cash wanting a real good pair the brought out loads of diferent makes and sizes including all the top brands ranging from 80 to over 300 pounds andntold me to try them all and these were best for me. Some i couldnt get on with at all. Best of all these were well priced

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have some cheapy Tasco mini things that are 8x30 I think. They are better than no optics at all but not all that clear or bright. I used to use binoculars to assist land navigation. I learned that in an evasion and escape course. It helps identify distant points and in E&E is good to recon ahead to plan moves. Now, I use a Map 60Cx to help nav and since leaving the military have not had to E&E lately:)

Dec 24, 2011
Sheffield
Helios 8x42. Good pair of binoculars and very happy with them because I went to the shop with my wallet stuffed with cash and left with most of it still in their.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Tried a fair few half decent pocket Binoculars, but even then i found they were too big to lug about for the odd use every now and then.

Now using Docter 8x21 Monocular and i find it's fantastic.

8x21a-1.jpg

8x21b-1.jpg

Really really small so i can stick it in any pocket if i'm using it, really light so you really don't even notice your carrying it.

I'm guessing if you were a birdspotter it'd get a bit tiring after a few hours using a monocular, but i've used it far more than my binoculars as i find because it's so small and light i can keep it handy.

They are just generic pics, if anyone needs any size comparisons let me know i'll snap a few pics.

Cheers
Mark

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Swarovski SLC 10x50.Stunning quality binos, very heavy, but not too bad when used with a bino-buddy harness.
Was in the right place at the right time and got them for a great price,would like to "upgrade"to a pair of EL'S but they are really heavy money.
I have leaned(the hard way that)you really do get what you pay for with regards to quality optics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE