Who is NOT going to the moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I met one of the failed guide dogs....Fergus....he was the supervisor's own pet and great uncle to the last pup we had. He stood, and I jest you not, over four feet high :yikes: He put his paws on my shoulders and straightened up to over six feet tall.
He failed because he was too friendly; he stopped to talk to every person he met :rolleyes: :D instead of focusing solely on his owner.
Lovely dog though, curly coated retriever mix with another water hound of some kind iirc.

atb,
M

Aye I had a pal who's Mum was a walker for Guide dog respite. Good looking chap - tended to wear sunglasses and use the dog to meet unsuspecting girls... Bad man.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Although Im on hols till the 19th, no. Car needs work and a bit far to go on the train. Maybe we should get a Scottish minibus going next year. I should be combining it with a Pembrokeshire climbing trip.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Although Im on hols till the 19th, no. Car needs work and a bit far to go on the train. Maybe we should get a Scottish minibus going next year. I should be combining it with a Pembrokeshire climbing trip.

Massed Scots on tour in England and Wales! Didn't go too well last time:eek: Good idea though.

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
As we would be is we would be hiring a minibus, expensive.

Another option is we run a ScottishMoot. Im sure we could organise it. Comrie croft springs to mind. Lots of options for a private area.

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here Here to that, if i had brought the family along to the moot it would have cost me an arm and a leg in kennel fees lol. Still im sure there are other reasons to just kids being there that gave rise to the rule

Yeah, the site owners say no to dogs being on site so it's just how it is for the foreseeable future...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Last year I could only make the 3 nights/4days with my girls but vowed to do at least a week the following year.

Life three a few spammers in the works as usual and we're off on a family holiday at end of moot but I have used my 2 days off both weeks to attend.

Next year.....full week min.

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Not this year as couldn't get the time off work! Will be heading up to Scotland the week after thought!

Hopefully will make next year!

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm not going.

Too much work on at the moment and need some pennies for the winter trips. One year I'll make it.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Not going. Like others I prefer my woods without people, and having just had a week off a week ago, there's no way I'd get the time off work anyway.

That and crowds give me the heebie-jeebies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE