Who is NOT going to the moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Having been to the Moot, Harvestman (and BR) I can honestly say that the woods are enormous enough that it's quite possible 'never' to feel crowded. If you aren't sociable (as in a couple of dozen folks having a random blether around a campfire) then there's no necessity to participate.
It's still a very happy way to meet people, to put voices and expressions to User ID's, to enjoy on going conversations, learning, good natured company.

Each to their own, but it's not a 'crowd', it's a very laid back company of people who share much of the same interests as we do.

Cheers,
M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Having been to the Moot, Harvestman (and BR) I can honestly say that the woods are enormous enough that it's quite possible 'never' to feel crowded. If you aren't sociable (as in a couple of dozen folks having a random blether around a campfire) then there's no necessity to participate.
It's still a very happy way to meet people, to put voices and expressions to User ID's, to enjoy on going conversations, learning, good natured company.

Each to their own, but it's not a 'crowd', it's a very laid back company of people who share much of the same interests as we do.

Cheers,
M

I understand that, but for me happiness means solitude, and that means not being able to see or hear anyone else.

And the practical reasons stand also.

I might turn up for a day or so one year though, just to try it. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just so HM. A neighbour popped round for a quiet beer in the garden tonight. That's nice. Add another couple of people and its too many for me for any length of time. I understand that a couple of dozen of people talking around a camp fire is great - and I wish them joy of it, but its twenty too many for me :)

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just so HM. A neighbour popped round for a quiet beer in the garden tonight. That's nice. Add another couple of people and its too many for me for any length of time. I understand that a couple of dozen of people talking around a camp fire is great - and I wish them joy of it, but its twenty too many for me :)

That's me. Two's company, three's a crowd. More than 4 is a panic attack.

:)

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
That's me. Two's company, three's a crowd. More than 4 is a panic attack.

:)

Snap. One year I'll brave the crowd though. I dont want to miss out. Sorry if it sounds morbid but Drew dived in head first and loved every minute of it and where is he now. I want a piece of what Drew felt and loved.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I'm out .......maybe one year , but it's too far to travel to be in a crowd. One day a central UK moot may appear ? Or better still a North one :viking:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Not me either! - I've got to work, every day till the end of the season....... roll on the 1st of November when I get my first lie in since April :D

Not that I'd change my my job mind, it's wonderful and the best change I ever made.

I'll keep you company Hugh, HM et al - I may even try to post a little too :eek:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
The way i look at it is that while about 90 per cent of my time in the woods is spent alone, occasionally i like company. In fact for me one of the joys of the moot is the chance to meet and interact with people who broadly speaking share my interests. Having said that there is plenty of opportunity to be alone if i choose and occasionally it is good to get out on a walk to the beach or among the dunes. Also you can keep things down to small groups quite easily given the lay out and relaxed nature of proceedings.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Not me, just to far of a trek
Taking Dad (75) camping and fishing to Arisaig and Glen Coe next week.
+1 for a Scottish one, as plenty of peeps have said Cromie Croft springs to mind.
Bob

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Squirrels are the reason the .22 was invented! I've sealed holes with expanding foam one night and come down in the morning to see the squirrel hanging from the gutter pulling it out. So I just shot it - problem solved.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Squirrels are the reason the .22 was invented! I've sealed holes with expanding foam one night and come down in the morning to see the squirrel hanging from the gutter pulling it out. So I just shot it - problem solved.

For proofing against squirrels and rodents expanding foam with broken glass put in while still liquid works.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE