What's the latest bit of kit you've bought and why?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Dunno if Stags Breath counts? Now after a stainless bottle with stainless lid to decant future purchases of stags breath, glass is a bit fragile! Needs to be 70 cl or bigger! Any ideas will be welcome, cannot taint the precious fluid though!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Cheers Wayland. Almost forgot about the bit of kit my older brother has sent to me. A very large water carrier made from canvas. The water will seep through and wet the canvas, but it swells the fibres and so you don't lose loads of water. The wet canvas keeps the water cool. It has a large screw on plastic stopper and looks ideal for use in a fixed camp to save on lots of trips to the water point. I'll put some pics up some time. Not bad for a freebie!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Here you go. 3 Gallons should tide me over!

HPIM2828.jpg

HPIM2825.jpg

HPIM2824.jpg

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I recently bought a woolen army blanket. Why? Because I'm tired of patching my sleeping bags just because I use a fire. And also, it's enough with a blanket for summer use. It doubles as a horse blanket if you fold it (which it is designed for) so I think I will be using it when riding.

I also bought a light (700 gram, 0 degrees extreme) sleeping bag on a sale. An impulse buy actually, no clear use yet, but I will think of something,

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Would you believe a cauldron and tripod? Bought it yesterday to try out. I'll let you all know how it turns out when it arrives.

In the last hour I've bought a pair of drinking horns with silver lips. Not sure of the age, but they looked old. Both just big enough for a decent malt around the fire.

Attachments

• tripod.jpg
    tripod.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 34
  • ca2e_1.jpg
    ca2e_1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 30

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Two stainless canisters from Wilkinsons to make a billy can and fire box, blatantly ripped off Waylands clever cook set, Thanks Wayland great idea :You_Rock_

Mark

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
A highlander forces 88 rucksack at 44 pound, because needed a decent rucksack
Bushlite candle lantern 20 pound, because it takes normal candles
230x300 green tarp from mosquitohammock.com 23 euro, because needed decent tarp..

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
A trianga type cooker from Matalan for a tenner a replacement burner for my other trianga would cost £6 but if anyone else has one please tell me what that little swivel thing for...:confused:

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I x pair coolmax sock's, cos my feet sweat a lot....:lmao: If they work ok I'll get a few more pair's, those commando ones are too much at the mo:lmao: :lmao:
1 x decent first aid kit, in case someone gets hurt. I intend to add extra item's, AND also brush up on first aid theory. My original training was in the early 70's with a hands on professional bloke who started out during the war as a young teenager, breevin bleedin first priority mate, breevin bleedin (he was a Londoner) pre PC risk assesment times :rolleyes:
10 x space blanket's, small cheap useful, potential life saver's
I would like to find a decent British army clasp knife but no joy yet.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
i posted this on bb so is easy to answer for me

Macpac Glissade - AWESOME piece of kit
Trangia 27-2, going to taking it camping to France. used it to make a brew indoors and like it already
Frosts Spoon Knife, double edged
Bahco 396 Laplander, nuff said
LOTS of batteries from 7dayshop for all the various gadgets and torches. I think I spent over £40 quid!
MSR Dromedary bag, the lite version. Great for carrying water with you, think its the 6 litre
Some outdoor trousers in the Blacks sale
Mini stacking condiment pot set thingy and other bottle from Muji. spices to go in stacking jobbie and oil in t'other. Top tip - use a free shampoo bottle from a hotel for your washing up liquid when you're camping. Good size and it'll be clean (though obviosuly empty it first)!

plus some other stuff i bought yesterday
stormlite self inflating mattress
trangia fuel bottle
lifeventure belt pouch
lifeventure zip up bag/container thingy

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
goretex dpm jacket
uco lantern reflector
brusletto balder knife
jacaru leather hat

why?
so i don't get wet
so i can see better
so i can carve better
to cover my head

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Folding saw
Yet another Axe
Maglite
Ray Mears extreme survival series 3 :lmao:

How much did your Jacaru hat set you back gorilla, i want one really bad :D

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Last thing for me was a humungus surplus holdall from ebay like this one;

My kit was lying all over the spare room (to her indoors annoyance) so I'd thought I'd keep it in this. Got ruck straps too but wouldn't like to hump it too far!

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE