What's the latest bit of kit you've bought and why?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
This......

IMGP0713.jpg

because it's a beaut to paddle and feels like a little bit of history :)

That is one seriously nice canoe!

I watched Water Walker for the first time last week and got all doey-eyed looking at the canoe. Maybe I had better start saving :rolleyes:

Can you send me a PM when you have worked out the price.

Back on thread- last purchase was a Golite Hex 3 tipi tent because I heard they're so good (and they really are), I spent a few nights in heavy rain and strong winds and it didn't even flinch :D . Packsize is nice and compact too so it fits in my smallest backpack.

BUSTABOO

Jun 24, 2007
hopefully when it arrives a nice leather sheath for my frost of rapidboy complete with firesteel holder,they look great and i cant wait to get it

cheers rapid

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Hi All,

Just wondering, what's the latest bit of kit you've brought and why? I thought it might be a good way of seeing if there are any trends and adding things to a "wish list" for the future.

I've just brought one of those niffty looking pocket folding stoves (seconds) as they look like a handy alternative to camping gas and hexi cookers.

I've also just brought this! Because I've always wanted one. :D

Cheers,
J

Are we talking about brought.. as in "bring with you", or "bought" as in 'purchased'..???

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
A new Swanndri Ranger shirt. I have one already but is to large ( unless I put it over a couple of heavier layers, best for Canadian fall and Winter ) But I found it perfect with just a t-shirt under it in the morning when in the rockies last month , so I dropped down a Size!
Cheers.;)

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Splashed out on the Paramo 2 for 1 travel shirts offer for me and bought the kids one of the Decathlon tarps so they dont keep pinching my Ozzie hootchie!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
2 space blankets for a £ :D and a packet of hammer in two part large eyelets from Millets £2.99 and a pink Swiss Card for £7.50 :rolleyes:

I'm a cheapskate and I really don't need any more kit, but it's amazing how many *good things* lie in wait ;)

cheers,
Toddy

May 24, 2007
Yesterday was shopping day;
3 man ultralite tent
ultralite sleeping mat
silk sleeping bag liner
tarp and poles
picnic blanket (the beloveds idea)
a hiking shirt and pair of lightweight hiking trousers

The joys of shopping in Decathlon, one stop for all your reasonable quality needs.

Yonderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 17, 2007
NW Alberta, Canada
I've always wanted a handmade scandi grind bush knife. A friend in Alaska started making knives recently and I bought this one from him.
It has a 1/8" thick 4 5/8" differentially hardened O-1 tool steel blade. It's hardened to 59-60 on the edge making for ease of sharpening but still holding an edge well.
The handle is linen micarta.

It should arrive at the end of the week. I can't wait to give it a workout! :D

Knife2.jpg

The sheath for it is the one on the left.

Sheaths2.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I like that Alaskan jobby Yonderer - nice fine lines - it should be a demon for slicing and push cuts. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it since Scandys are far less common over there

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE