What's the latest bit of kit you've bought and why?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
The latest item i have in my hands is a new pair of Meindl dovre extreme's, or was it the US fishtail parka :rolleyes: , either way they are both top notch. Left me in the poor house for a while though!
My better half ordered a butchers Kukri for me on monday, not arrived yet :( , knew i should've got it on next day :rolleyes:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have just got my hands on a 30mm Radan canon ammo box, although I didn't pay for it, which I eventually intend to use as an oven.:BlueTeamE

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
An Akhu hill tribe style bush knife (blade forged from a car spring) and bamboo sheath for the same plus a Mon(g) hill tribe sarong type garment - both intended for decorative rather than full field use.... basically souveniers of my time on exped in Thailand!
Cpould be used though - if the spirit moves me!
John

As a bit of a greeny i like to buy secondhand and/or recycled stuff if I can.

My latest from ebay was a solid green plastic mortar bomb carrier (about a meter long green plastic tube) with a screw on cap making it watertight for 99p. This will come in handy to keep flares and rescue gear in for when I'm paddling. These things are fantastic for any paddlers out there.

The other was for a new military divers small dry bag. I wanted a small grab bag for paddling to keep car keys, mobile, wallet, meds, matches etc in that can be inflated so if I end up going for a swim it's always going to be around too and not sink! It was around £14 on ebay which is not bad considering the quality and manufacturer

sniper 2

Jun 15, 2007
north pole
i bought a bow saw blade a a little folding saw. i have now made the bow saw from a piece of rowan branch and it works better than my dads metal version :)

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
Patagonia puff jacket size XL :D , bargain -60% off, replaces my H&H pile jacket while being more versatile.

New windproof desert dpm smock, bargain 15£ delivered, If i like it I`ll copy it in ventile and dye it black.

Soon to be hobo :D

O

oilyrag

OK, I've just taken a trip to the Army Surplus store and returned with the following:

Swiss Army Stove: Similar to Trangia 27 but engineered better. Grade1. £6.20
Swiss Mountain Troop gaiters: Wool and Leather. New. £6.20
Swiss Mountain Troop goggles: Cebe lenses. New. £10.40
Swiss Flecktarn poncho: New. £3.75
Swiss Army Socks x 4: New £6.20
Swiss Army Cooker unit: New. £1.25

Some real bargains in that treasure trove.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
A Nanok -10 because it was recomended by the good people on here, thanks.

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
Just got 2 plce pouches and a yoke,great as a day pack,very versatile as it can be used as the 1 pouch option or I can add the other one if I need a bit more space.They can be added to my rucksack when out for the weekend,and if I take the yoke I can make a daypack as well.For 20 quid you can`t go wrong.
Litefoot.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE