What's the latest bit of kit you've bought and why?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
A PLCE medics pouch from Evilbay. Why? because it will make it easy to organise my FAK, brew / cooking kit ( I use it every Friday afternoon in school and am sick of rooting through different bags for kit).

Also it will fit on my karrimor Sabre 60 - 100, instead of a normal side pouch,when I am out on expedition if I need the space!

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
I just got a Swanndri Original Bushshirt. I bought a Swanndri Mosgeil:rolleyes: jacket last winter and loved it so much but it was judged by SWMBO to be too good for getting dirty so I use it as a work overcoat in winter.

The bushshirt is for playing in!

Stewey.:D

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
A re-handled woodsman axe off a local car boot, it cost me the amazing amount of... one pound fifty! I'm oiling the handle at the moment and I plan of brillo-padding the face to get rid of the rust!

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
A Valiant Co. Parang Bandol from a member on BB - I have been after one for ages and the official website has been all sold out for a while now

1174233646-PB_3.jpg

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi all,

Been a while since I dropped in ton's too catch up on.

Anyway while in Sweden a week and half ago I treated myself to an Hilleberg Akto 1 person tent. Super light, Roomy and Green. It cost a bit but it will earn it's keep over the coming year.

I spent 6 days and nights canoe camping with my venture scout group and spent most of it in my henessy but after the 4th night it was getting a annoying looking for suitable trees all the wriggle into sleeping bags so I promised myself that I was going to get myself a tent.

The scouts also gave a GB wildlife Hatchet as a thank you for the trip. Nippers brought a tear to my eye.

Thats me.

James

feisty

Sep 2, 2007
I got a ex u.s. army sleep system from E-bay; two different weight sleeping bags, a nice goretex camo bivi bag and a fab stuff sack.Its fab and big enough for me and my two little dogs!!

A

appletree_man

A large belt pouch. It's intended for security & police, but i've put a first aid kit, emergency poncho, and little survival kit in it, still plenty of room for fire starting gear, SAK, torch, etc.

Ferrion

Aug 17, 2004
Hull, Yorkshire
I bought one of those Pocket Cookers from Trekdirect/Scotia outdoors.

Mainly cause i thought they looked nifty as hell, and seemed to be positively thought of on here, also it was only a tenner :) now i need to go fire it up in the back yard!

Also want me a set of japanese waterstones so if anyone knows a good place to get them let me know :D

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Stinger,

I got my waterstones from Axminster tools and they are the dogs. Quite inexpensive also as I remember.

No links to the seller etc.

Stewey.:D

cccc

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2007
North Hampshire
A rather nice little whistle

index.php
- grrrrr cant get it to show the image, but if you click it seems to work...

Solid brass and made to order for £13.50 ( including postage in the UK ). Its the loudest thing I have heard in lont time, the Fox whistle has been relegated to a kit bag.

Hopefully this should slim the key ring a little :)

Yummy hand made lovelyness......

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
gerbe lariat knife, sronger than opinel
small waterproof nitech torch
german pack 55 L to carry stuff
diamond paste to strop blade's
waterproof trouser and neopreen jacket (both British made :eek: :lmao: )

total cost (all ebay) about £65

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Soz, got sidetracked by Waylands knives. Most recent purchase is a canadian canoe. Not in great shape but i'm an ex boat builder so shouldnt be too much of a problem to do a wee bit of fibre galssing and wood work. It only cost me a tenner and a wee whitby skinning knife :rolleyes:

Expect some pics btw of the resoration now that i've figured out that image cave and how to post pics thingy lol
:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A 35Lt Arktis Patrol Sack and a 120lt PLCE bergen (Because my civvi bergens just aren't 'ARD enough:borgsmile )
A Snugpak Softie Jacket (To keep me toastie this winter:naughty: !)
A pair of ripstop OG US Army combat trousers (To go with my OG SASS Ventile Smock;) )
A new leather sheath for my Laplander saw (Cheers Rapidboy:cool: !)
A new leather sheath for my knife (It was free thanks to MikeB:D )
A stack billycan set (No reason, I just wanted them:rolleyes: !)
A traditional fire steel and tinder kit.(Well I have to give it a go sometime:22: !)
A nice set of DiaSharp Sharpeners (Well one must keep ones knives like razors:headbang: !)
Jeez almost forgot!
A nice SFA and a poncho liner (Both courtesy of Jedediah cheers mate!)

And thats about it for this month:D !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE