What's been at my frying pan?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not JD Kev, he was hung up at the time, lol :naughty:

774_smiley_getting_kicked_in_the_balls.gif

And what is going on with your avatar. Put it back to normal.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Do you know what left the signs Gary ?

Some folk are saying it's possibly a bird, but the more I look at the close up the more I see two parallel lines like rodents front teeth might appear.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
It's quite definitely a rodent. I've seen the same in my frying pan at home when the mice have been at it, and I've seen very similar marks in the soap back when I lived in an outback shack with rats under the floor. But it's jolly hard to identify exactly which rodent just from the teeth marks alone...

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Gary,Wash your dishes now and again.That frying pan is disgusting even without teeth marks and footprints.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... pretty good idea what it might be but what do you think?

The marks are those left by the increasingly rare Warwickshire Iridescent Pigmy Elephant.
The marks are left by the tusks when the WIPE tries to lick plates (or similar items) clean. Due to its increasingly endangered status this once majestic creature now seeks refuge high in the branches of deciduous trees only coming down to ground level to eat midnight snacks.
WIPE's hibernate for 6 months of the year and with autumn in full swing, they take refuge in deep piles of leaf litter.

EDIT:

I should mention that I was at the Meet and was also party to the discussion about what 'Wot dun it?' - the information about the Warwickshire Iridescent Pigmy Elephant is merely frippery ;)

Last edited:

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Interesting. I went straight for small rodent and thinking either bank vole or wood mouse since they are the obvious most common candidates. Problem is we can see where he should be standing at the point where all the radial scoops converge and there are no footprints. Having said that so far we only have a blow up of the picture where the teeth marks are not the bit to the right where the footprints would be.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Looks like mouse to me.

Had that a few years ago at my Mums.

There was a field out back so both field(wood) and house mice were prevelant.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I had the advantage of seeing the prints and many culprits running around as I woke early, so I have a good idea and they make a nice kebab!. Could be wrong though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE