What would you put in room 101?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Bushy - The lack of access/permission to so much bushcraft-suitable land.

Non-bushy - People. The only species that I don't like is unthinking man, Homo insapiens. I make exceptions for individuals, but not many of them.

(and yes, I'm aware that the problem is actually me, not everyone else :rolleyes: )

Bushy - Corporate Bushcraft/Survival type schools! Blooming awful. Usually fronted by someone who looks like a cross between Rambo and Jim Morrison, assisted by an Army Barmy DPM wearing type. Skinning rabbits (no thanks).. Make a shelter from mud (not for me).. Jump on the Bushcraft bandwagon and charge people a fortune to catch a cold!!
Rant over

Non bushy - A long list indeed... Mostly lazy people. And Sun readers.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Bushy - The lack of access/permission to so much bushcraft-suitable land.

Non-bushy - People. The only species that I don't like is unthinking man, Homo insapiens. I make exceptions for individuals, but not many of them.

(and yes, I'm aware that the problem is actually me, not everyone else :rolleyes: )

I'm with you on that one Harvestman.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
All non-bushy ones I'm afraid...

Extending dog leads: Especially the folk that allow their dog to be constantly at full extension even when walking on a pavement or path so that you end up tripping over it/getting wrapped up in it.

Umbrellas: Particularly the ones which are used as battering rams in busy streets/shopping areas where the user only has a view of the ground and uses it to barge their way through the crowd. Just get some ruddy waterproofs...some of them pack down smaller than a brolly does.

People with extending dog leads and umbrellas deployed simultaneously:....ARRRGH!!!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Old one from my collage years, Idiots who poach pheasants out of season in the laying pens with a air rifle who then either leave them in the said pen or dump them in a public area like a lay by or foot path.

Work related, HP Openview.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Hammocks
Trangias
Bushcraft celebrities
Bushcraft uniform
Anything unnecessarily attached to the outside of a rucksack
Unnecessary bans (foxhunting, handguns etc)
Bankers
Smart phones
Any computer goods, phones or software whose name begins with a lower case i
Excessive ebay and paypal fees
Parcelforce customs charges

I could go on for ever...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hammocks
Trangias
Bushcraft celebrities
Bushcraft uniform
Anything unnecessarily attached to the outside of a rucksack
Unnecessary bans (foxhunting, handguns etc)
Bankers
Smart phones
Any computer goods, phones or software whose name begins with a lower case i
Excessive ebay and paypal fees
Parcelforce customs charges

I could go on for ever...

I quite like trangias

I am with you on all the rest though!

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Bushy....Kelly Kettle, Just don't like em.

Non Bushy.... Ignorant people with umbrellas that don't look where they're going.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Work / Internet related - DON'T PUT SIMPLE INFORMATION IN A .PDF FILE JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN, SINGLE PAGE DOCUMENTS / FAQ's / INSTRUCTIONS & 99.9% OF THINGS IN PDF FILES HAVE NO NEED TO BE A PDF!

CONSIDER YOUR SELF WARNED INTERNET!!!!!

/rant

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I've noted all entries and am setting out on the task of gathering them all up for disposal into the room of fire.

I think I'll start with a nice Russian made poison tipped umbrella and get the dog walkers with the retractable leads first then I'll wrench their iphones from their dead hands and stamp on them.

Afraid I can't comply with the Trangia destruction though as I do like mine.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Didnt know the TV show was back on until today. Like Frank skinner but bring back Paul Merton. So room 101 in room 101.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE