What would you put in room 101?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Bushcraft ............Whingeing so called bushcrafters that cant put up with a few biting insects out in the field

Non .................Whingeing PC enthusiasts ....grow a pair and some thicker skin....being offended does not kill !

Jason

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
For me its :

Bushy: Maya dust load of rubbish

Non Bushy: Stickers on bloody fridges, cant stand them especially when they start to peel off and look grotty

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Bushy: pretty much anything with the word Survival in it (Its a crappy plastic handled, made in china, cheap, flimsy knife-you will not survive the apocalypse with a knife that is also a shovel/fishing rod/hammer/screwdriver/colour tv......)

I don't care if it works I want one of those.

Bushy - Ticks and hayfever.

Non- people who insist on staying in the outside lane of duel or motorway carriages regardless of no one being in slow lanes.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Bushy - Dry off equipment after it getting wet. I don't mind the rain, i don't mind gettting wet, what gets my goat is drying everything off afterwards, especially tents!

Non-Bushy - Depending how politically correct you want them:

PC: Pointless Warning Labels - Just let Darwinism take its course and decrease the surplus population!
Non-PC: £2-a-month pleas - The best thing that can be done for those people is to just let nature takes its course. That being said, we should ensure our own house is in-order before shipping money off abroad so if these pleas must exist, only show ones that sort out this country first.

If the above offends, feel free to remove.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bushy, anything with 'Tactical' on the label or description

Non bushy, Vegan/organic/herbal remedy/tree hugging/save the bla bla/PC/I love everyone brigade.

Oh, pensioners on pension day in Tesco with the "Get out me way I'm old" attitude.

Bushy-got to go with wet kit drying, how the heck am i mean to fit a 3x4.5m tarp somewhere to dry?

non bushy- two here
higher management using doublespeak and/or motivational nonsense they clearly picked up at a business training seminar-go for the win there is no i in team my door is always open. the double speak really hacks me off, i might be lowly care worker minion now but i am a minion not a moron
the other and this will maybe incur advice/annoyance is smoking. i smoke, i am aware it is bad for me, i am aware it is bad for everyone around me, this is why i am prepared to stand outside at home/work/the pub etc so others do not have to suffer my habit. the thing that bugs me is being told repeatedly i need to quit, i've tried, i've failed. i have tried approx 4 times since Jake was born just over a year ago and i tried 3 times while Lisa was pregnant, i will quit but it needs to be a time of my choosing rather than because i am told to.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bushy: Driving home from Scotland after a great trip

Non Bushy: Middle lane drivers (just noticed Stu's already bagged it)

Non Bushy 2: People who take all day getting cash from an ATM

Last edited:

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Bushy, non waterproof waterproofs!

Non bushy,this below

i smoke, i am aware it is bad for me, i am aware it is bad for everyone around me, this is why i am prepared to stand outside at home/work/the pub etc so others do not have to suffer my habit. the thing that bugs me is being told repeatedly i need to quit, i've tried, i've failed. i will quit but it needs to be a time of my choosing rather than because i am told to.

tinderbox

Forager
Feb 22, 2007
East Lothian
Bushy: SAKs, they're town knives not country knives. Mine is a Cybertool which I've used to build and repair many a computer, but it's just too flimsy for bushcraft.

Non-bushy: bean-tin exhausts.:AR15firin

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Tut Tut Tut !!!!!!! yes explanation needed ,,,these insects are bottom of the food chain and are needed..... its nature if you dont like it stay in the house or deal with it,,, dont complain !

Its room 101 not a future plan for genocide, although it would be tempting if i had my finger on the midge destruction button. The whole welts, itch, infection, disease and pain would be my drawn out explanation.
I had best get wrapped and gunked up for a few nights of bug fun this weekend!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Anything made by the tool company Silverline

The mauls are fine, or at least the ones they sold a few years ago were.

Not fancy but do the job perfectly and to my mind I can't see the point in spending masses on a posh one cos its the shape that does the work, you don't even need them particularly sharp.

monkey spanner

Forager
Jul 4, 2010
kent
Bushy:- dry stream bed's

Non Bushy:- The brother-in-law, who know's nothing but thinks he knows everything & then starts to tell you about it, even when you tell him to sod off.:rolleyes:

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Bushy: Those cuts I always seem to have all over my knuckles at the end of a camping trip, that I never know how I got.

Non bushy: People who don't indicate when turning left at a roundabout, lane hoggers, people who stop at a roundabout when there is clearly nothing coming from the right.

But most of all... people (pretty much everyone these days) who say "Could of" , "Would of" , "should of" etc.
It doesn't make an ounce of sense, you CAN NOT replace 've with of.

Rant over.

R3XXY

Can i have another go?

bushy-how one simple idea results in yet more kit rearrangement and potentially purchases

non bushy- i was taught to be polite and hold doors, step out of the way, wait for folk if on a thin path. so i do all of them, used to get thanks nowadays i get glared at like i didnt move quick enough

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE