What to do, What to do???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
A friend of mine over 10 years did his o level computing, had a break then a btec computing had a break then a computing degree - he reckons he answered the same questions in each exam.

primary school teachers have complained for years about sats and the way they restrict education. you are taught whats on the exams and thats it. since the constant grading system where they use your term work as a percentage of the final exam result male students are failing in greater numbers because lets face it blokes dont like that sort of pressure whereas girls thrive on it. all the phys ed has been curtailed to the lads have no means of venting their energies and end up fat and frustrated. the policy of getting people into university and colleges to studia media or american studies is completely daft and they should listen to the kids and bring back proper apprenticeships so they can build real houses not the prefab boxes they churn out now. boys need a sense of worth and you cant get better than teaching them to make something usefull.

Increase the school day to give the kids a proper education with plenty of physical and vocational classes. Increase the staff so they can get enough free periods.

I look forward to reading tony's manifesto seeing as he hasn't objected to standing for parliament :)

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It never has been ''Great'', thats the problem.

It is Great Britain from Britannia major ie GreatER (or large) Britain as opposed to Britannia minor = small or lesser Britain - roughly modern day Brittany. See Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae (roughly 1136 if I remeber correctly).

It has nothing to do with us been good or better than anyone else.

JURA

Forager
Feb 15, 2007
devon
Shame that. I especially liked the first line !!!! Rest very good too made i had alot of affinity with what you wrote .... Post it again.. Go on..Go on...

QUOTE=Wallenstein;418723]Yeah, ended up typing an essay but don't want to get too political, the woods are when I go to escape politics etc!

Soz, should have noted it when I made the edit. :eek:[/QUOTE]

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
well more kids are dying from playing with trains apparently so we should ban trains I reckon :)

And the numbers killed in cars!!!! Their own and ones stolen......ban cars (except those with a chassis length less than 2m with a carbon emission less than blah - unless you have good reason to own one. There is no reason for driving a car. No one needs a car, with all the great public transport we have)

Although I have never been to Whitehall my knees can jerk as well as theirs!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
With all this bad news we see, in the UK (read London) and around the world, with the television, the radio and the newspapers and especially the red tops, all causing us major depression, sadness. Each paper copycatting the next on “proving” to us just “how bad the world is”.
I think we should just ban the news and have done with it.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
It is Great Britain from Britannia major ie GreatER (or large) Britain as opposed to Britannia minor = small or lesser Britain - roughly modern day Brittany. See Geoffrey of Monmouth's Historia Regum Britanniae (roughly 1136 if I remeber correctly).

It has nothing to do with us been good or better than anyone else.

Thank you for the History lesson, but i KNOW it has nothing to do with us being great as in good, it was said in sarcasm as a reply to something mrmel said :rolleyes:

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
whats needed is a big wall around london and leave it to be run by the politicians - the rest of the country can go about its normal business :)

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
there was an excellent thing on the radio tonite, sounded like party political thing but it was a Prof Lisa jardine and called a point of view.

the jist of it was - people are panicking because they dont understand the maths behind the statistics they only hear the news which is why they panic.

it should be on listen again if anyone os interested :)

I seem to remember that they banned hand guns (except in Northern Ireland, can you believe that) and all the gun crime stopped over night............didn't it? I suppose the same will happen with knives. What I can't believe is that the Government think we, the general public, are actually more stupid than they are.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
As long as there are humans on earth with the mind and mobility to make something sharper than it is now (like rubbing a rock on another) there will be people getting hurt by it, it will never stop so banning knives guns or anything else will not help the situation. I'v heard that in prison people sharpen their toothbrush to kill people with!!! The only way you can truely stop crime is to stop the human race.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE