Sum up what we do.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
As the German boy scouts are a bit different to most other ones I just explain that it's not Scouting for Boys but for adults. Regarding German circumstances there is actually no difference apart from the age and that adult people rather do it alone or in couples than in groups.
That's a very good description

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
It's isolation, peace and quiet, and managing to do it in complete control. After all you don't have to be outside to carry out a "Bushcraft" task.

Reactions: TLM

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Generally I tell people I sleep in the woods with a load of strangers that are armed to the teeth with knives and axes that are sharp enough to shave with.
Usually if that doesn’t give people the willies enough I then go on to tell them that - people tie themselves to trees and cook things in black pots over fires that look like cauldrons.
I also say the weird thing is if you walked into the woods 5 minutes after we have left you would never known we had been there
We just disappear into the ether like ghosts.
And we eat a lot of meat

Reactions: dwardo and Greg

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Generally I tell people I sleep in the woods with a load of strangers that are armed to the teeth with knives and axes that are sharp enough to shave with.
Usually if that doesn’t give people the willies enough I then go on to tell them that - people tie themselves to trees and cook things in black pots over fires that look like cauldrons.
I also say the weird thing is if you walked into the woods 5 minutes after we have left you would never known we had been there
We just disappear into the ether like ghosts.
And we eat a lot of meat
Brilliant :headbang::lmao::lmao::rofl:

draybo

Sep 21, 2022
Nottinghamshire
I am just doing my thing, no need to explain anymore than someone who is knitting on a park bench. Fun is a perspective, if I had to spell it out I would call it mountain man stuff.

Reactions: Tor helge

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Hey folks!
I often mention to people I like Bushcraft to which surprisingly people sometimes say.. Whats That?!?!
I'm curious to know when people ask you what you like to do, or what's your hobby and you reply Bushcraft
How do you sum up what exactly It is we do in a a short sentence or 2 without the other person thinking you're a Camper that lights fires.
A blend off the primitive and modern usually but could be just camping with less equipment.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
I quote often think of 'Bushcraft' as a holistic term for simply teaching myself the skills to enjoy the great outdoors responsibly on my own terms as best i can.......... without setting myself on fire, cutting off anything vital or poisoning myself :biggrin:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE