What are your favourite pocket knives?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
My K’roo Chunky Frank is getting lots of pocket time at the moment & if I’m at work at the bar I have a RRR Barback as well.
If I’m suited & booted it’s a K’roo mini friction folder in the waistcoat pocket & possibly a Laguiole waiter’s knife in the jacket pocket.

Reactions: Nice65

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
A very handy Leatherman Crunch (mini Mole grips) with the blade removed that I have had for around 20 years.

Plus, depending upon what I am doing/going either:

A folding Stanley knife (at work. Engineer in a chemical plant)
CRKT PILAR (UK version)
Higonokami (town/pub friendly)
Svord Mini (Scouts, manual work or woods activities)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Decided on the burgundy today as I’ve been doing a lot around the house and some sorting in the campervan.IMG_3917.jpeg Civivi make some really tidy designs. These are flippers, and excellent fiddle value.

Reactions: CLEM

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
My favourite has to be my Victorinox Farmer X and Huntman.
Just to help me what do you find the difference with these two and which one do you use the most.
Just asking because I see a lot of us choose to have either one or both. I bought the huntsman before knowing about the farmer X. Should I be tempted ?

Reactions: CLEM

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The Farmer X is only available in Alox (I believe). For me, It's my smart dress knife. I have it with me if I'm dressed smart/casual or smarter; otherwise it will be one of my other SAKs, usually a Champ. It doesn't have the corkscrew, small blade, that hook thingy, toothpick or tweezers. But it has the essentials for me such as large blade, wood saw, scissors and reamer - it also has the bottle opener/screw driver and the can opener. It's slightly elegance over function I guess :)

P.S. it's also nice and slim!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Just to help me what do you find the difference with these two and which one do you use the most.
Just asking because I see a lot of us choose to have either one or both. I bought the huntsman before knowing about the farmer X. Should I be tempted ?
Mr Brock beat me to it here, he’s more or less said it all really. Just both models have everything I’d say they I require in an EDC knife and they both look very good doing it too.

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
My favourite is the Robert Lessard SAK I got from the lovely Janice on here.
I mostly favour the Farmer, Compact or Huntsman depending on where I'm going.
For work I also carry a Benchmade Mini Grip which I only realised how much I appreciate when I recently offered to trade it on here. Couldn't part with it for some reason.
I also really like the ORD friction folder I have. Completely unique and I haven't seen another I like nearly as much.

I should add, I have way too many knives and I just bought another one.

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
Thank you, nearly tempted! but I think I will just change my huntsman scales to hopefully smarten it up. It is nice though.
I have some SAKs that I added micarta and G10 scales to which is a big improvement over the originals but the best ones I have are ones I textured myself. The Compact I carry mostly was in bad shape when I got it in a job lot and had someone's name engraved into the scale. I put a round grinding bit in my drill press and had at it. Looks apocalyptic now.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Yes going to stick with the huntsman many many years ago I decided on the huntsman and the outrider but since the latter is a lock knife I always carry the huntsman. Like the idea of the difference colour option offered by Swiss tool.

Last edited:

Megatramp

Feb 16, 2024
Ashfield
Haha... I was referring to the wooden one I bought this morning but since then I've bought a battered Huntsman from the flea market to use for parts and two more off here!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE