What do you guys eat for brekky and packed lunch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
OK
Yes pre soaking overnight muesli or oats with yoghurt and fruit is excellent.
But I recently tried a low carb diet ( every bloody website you look at is different but it seems to mean less than about 130g per day, please do not post lots of stuff about different values websites books etc, I just do not care) and it worked, steady weight loss.
So breakfast is eggs with or without bacon, or beans, with a couple of Ryevita. Or tuna mayo with hard boiled egg on crackers.
Lunch tinned fish or hummus on crackers or a pork pie ! Plus salad.
Dinner we just have a meal but use cauliflower or courgette instead of crbs most nights.
Yes I have the odd sandwich or toast, yes we still eat pasta and rice and spuds but less often.
This works well for me, my wife cannot stand it. Like I said, steady weight loss and no feeling hungry or deprived of stuff.
Find what works for you !

Reactions: leanrascal

Glass-Wood-Steel

Jul 31, 2016
Cheshire
For work days i do 'overnight oats' with diced narna for brekki. And knock up a bunch of salad beginning of the week so i can box up a big handful each evening with some chicken or tuna or egg etc. And baby plum tomatoes
+1 for overnight oats for breakfast, I have chopped dates and dried fruit and cocoa nibs with raw honey, then the oats and milk. I add some nuts and raisins on top when eating for good measure.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Coffee for breakfast. Oatcakes, brie and salt n vinegar crisps for mid afternoon break. Cheese sarnies for lunch. That just about let's me last the day. A very physical day I'll get hungry but coffee will cope with that until i pig out at home again.

My body is such that I need to watch my fuel or I'll get ill, but I cannot eat before about 10am. I start work at 7am and leave for work at 6:20 am. Breakfast when rushed means I'll evacuate it before it digests. I need to be able to not feel rushed to have breakfast and I need my stomach to wake up first.

BTW do not listen to anyone who tells you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. They're wrong except for those for whom it's right. By that I mean breakfast is only good if your body wants and is ready for it. I've read advice from nutritionists and doctors who say to listen to your body. It's about giving your body the fuel it needs when it needs it. Better eat easy to snack on food later if forcing a breakfast down doesn't sit well on your stomach.

Despite having my food intake sorted through to lunch I'm not really happy with it. Morning break I like but cheese sarnies? Well really I do want to find something very quick to prepare when half asleep but tastes better and is better for you. Any ideas?

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Bearmont

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2022
Germany
I usually do a fruit salad (banana, orange, apple, berries) with chia, oats, vegan yogurt and some plant milk for breakfast. As long as you don't skimp on volume it's a full meal.

Sometimes I do that same fruit in cooked rice pudding. Especially in the morning, straight energy like this is perfect for me. Something savory or fatty is better at lunch or dinner.

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE