What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
A bottle of Bacardi, been here three years and just found a place to get it lol. Off to administer amongst friends now. (it's expensive here as opposed to vodka etc, nearly 13 quid a ltr)

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Car boot madness for me today two 40L (I think) dry bags. One looks like the one lidl has on offer the other is really nice and soft one and seems very well put together. £2.00 for the pair. I also picked up half a dozen Samsonite camera cases with straps still on cardboard. They were various different sizes but at 50p a pop I could not say no to them so bought enough to make Batman's utility belt look sad. To top it off I found a guy flogging some army surplus odds and sods. Nothing exiting but I picked up a spare knife and fork set a Hexi stove a millbank bag and a pair of sleeping bag booties all at a pound each. This is loads more than I would normally find. I am lucky to find anything at all on average. A decent sized day sack still alludes me though.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
A merino t-shirt for £9.99 (from Decathlon in Stockport). Got one yesterday, washed it and, happy it didn't turn into a action man t-shirt, decided to get another.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
on sat i bought :a brn polo type shirt,50 rds of makarov ammo,1-magpull plastic 30 rd m-16 mag with "window",3-uco candles for candle lantren and another Buff headover in O.D. therm-max ....vince g. 11B Inf..

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
£3.60 for the lot
utf-8BSU1BRzAzOTQuanBn.jpg

Really quite over excited about the power file (as I use a pneumatic version at work)......although just spent £7 on 3 abrasive belts for it... :( ...still is a good addition to the shed:cool:

still pick head will come in handy....some where....
Of course the cold chisel is nice stock....and the file is brand new Oberg (Bacho) first cut will do me fine for general stuff.

mojo

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I went to "Fortress Wales" living History day at Margam Park ...and bought some recycled leather!
Lots of leather for £8 ...OK some will need dying before use and some (from an old sofa) has multiple holes from the buttons - but the grade is just what I want and the price is good :)

Then I went and made a donation to HFH (the days charity) that brought the price up to what I would normally pay!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Was at the Spirit of Speyside festival yesterday and came home with a bottle of 12 yr old Tomintoul, a smaller bottle of 16yr old Tomintoul for a present, and then finally could not resist the last bottle of a one off cask of 15yr old Glenburgie.... Happy days!

Today, just ordered a camping diffuser for my small Fenix torch.

KP

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've bought a few things recently, most of which I'm still waiting for (Saudi postal service is awful)
A Utilikilt Survival, I've been hankering after one of these for a while, It'll be getting worn at the Moot.
A sheath from Luckylee for my Spyderco Bushcrafter (Also for the moot)
An Exotac matchsafe and ferro rod.

I'll probably pick up a few other bits and pieces.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Today I bought a golite lair 1 this is a little bit further on towards my quest for lighter gear.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
At a carboot, a pair of tin snips (slightly rusty), two walking books, a Lowepro pouch, and a tea caddy with good lid which fits inside one of my other camping pots. Total cost £1.10. Budget well and truly blown!

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
At the carboot yesterday I got an oil stone for 50p, a US water bottle and pouch 50p, a dpm notebook case 50p, a 100 wool grey blanket 50p and a black bag full of action men and car for my son for £4 lol. Good days carbooting, went to 3 of them :)

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Just bought fleece lined cotton shirt from Hampshire Country Fair and Pellet pouch not to mention all the lovely country cheeses and pies. (Was a good day out)

As for expensive thing last month bought all new poly suspension bushes for car had 4 wheel alignment done and 4 new tyres plus bought an air rifle. So let’s hope I win the lottery soon to pay the bank back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE