What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Two very good purchases! :)

Persevere with the key; it takes some getting used to (sorry, you may already be familiar with keys). Luckily, my wife is quite happy to go through it :)

Bought on your recommendation good sir. Hopefully I can study it this winter and put it to good use come the spring

Reactions: Broch

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sorry, I don´t understand what you mean. o_O "View the shovel in year"?

Sorry - I mean MY experience of more modern made multi joint Shovels have been slightly disappointing as they tend to not 'lock-up' as well as some of the WWII designed stuff - which admittedly tends to be heavier but I do think digging with one isn't the shovel equivalent of Russian Roulette.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Locking mechanism for the Fiskars shovel seems pretty sturdy. I doubt my shovel will see too much use. It´s just a tool I feel is good to have, just in case.

Reactions: TeeDee

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
As someone who teaches vehicle recovery skills, I find all folding shovels too short. When you need to dig the sand from under a bellied 110 in the desert you want the old military rigid long handled shovel. But, of course, different needs will require different solutions :)

Reactions: gra_farmer and CLEM

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I got loads a while back, then they didnt have them for months

managed to find little sachets of honey to in B&M

the jam is pure sugar, so lasts for years past its use by date....
B & M did have 8 packs of UHT type milk portions so I got 2 of those for the Mem' who doesnt like the powered stuff or evap'.

I had to resort to the Internet to get individual teabags in foil rather than paper packets. When herself was spending a lot of time in hotels for work I was knee deep in this sort of stuff. I've even had to buy shower caps for going over loaf tins to keep the draughts off them during rising!

ATB

Tom

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
I had to resort to the Internet to get individual teabags
What has the world become when a britt makes tea out of teabags nstead of loose tea?!
Why teabags, it´s no more difficult to use loose tea. And the quality is much better. That´s why I nowadays buy whole coffee beans and grind them myself.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Um, when you're halfway up Kinder Scout and the rains coming up parallel with the slope I'll take a teabag any time!

Truth be told I don't even mind 3 in 1 compo' tea, a connoisseur I am not!

ATB

Tom
I'd rather have a thermos of hot tea in that scenario haha

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Weirdly, although I don't mind a hint of hexy or even petrol in my tea I've never cared for tea from a flask. This from a man who recently policed up all his flasks and discovered he had enough to make quite a large abstract sculpture. Flasks I mainly use for soup and runny foods like stew or beans. And if you're beans ain't runny enough, wel. You're just not adding enough butter...

Atb

Tom

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
To restore, a pretty much unused Disston D-8 22 inch 10 TPI. saw Just need to take the handle off and soak in mild acid to dissolve the red stuff. The teeth don't evenneddtouchi gu came in a niceuk made case. Mike (Colne Tools) threw in the small tube cutter in free.

20211016_184517.jpg

I think I got the teabags from Single Portions, if it the one who sells single items rather than boxes full. If not i certainly looked at their site.

Got a tray of single portion Duerrs honey from Home Bargains, no jam there either. £1.49 for 16.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE