What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you figured out what you need and stay where you are you don't need new stuff.

Well chosen equipment lasts for decades.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just arrived OneTigris Backwoods Bungalow Version 2 and and a Footprint to go with. Ordered late yesterday from Amazon and according to herself on some sort of offer as they came to £103.81 From Tactical Gear UK. No affilaition just very pleased with the service.

TXLpRwC.jpg

Although I intend to use it with a ridgeline or foraged sticks most of the time since I no longer use a pair of trecking poles except on long day walks. i have started to knock up something to use as poles when the occasion demands. As it happens I had several kids sized poles which the sons had long grown out of and which I'd been unable to palm off on anyone else. So I have removed the handles from two of them and will turn the short extensions needed to make them the right length and pin/gloe them inplace. I'll spray them OG, mainly to hide my bodging. I may fix a couple of rings/washers to the pointy ends to stop them digging in to far. Come to think of it it may be easier to take the plastic ferules off and just glue in extension pieces to the bottoms rather than the tops and then just plug the tops and fit short pins into those plugs to attache the gut lines to or take the grommets.

ATB

Tom

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I really want a lightweight tent but I havent the money for that. (Not something I would use much but something I would be grateful for if I did need)

Dad gave me £100 (I dont ask for things and I get given them) But I doubt I can find a decent tent that cheap; Im putting it aside or fuel when I can get back to traveling around doing research for my articles.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, being a student then a house husband I've had to kit up on a shoe string for so long its still novel being able to buy stuff when its not xmas or my birthday. A year or two back I decided to get rid of a collection of militaria , picked up cheap over the previous 30 years and much to my shock people just threw money at me ! Ok most of it went on the house or kids but I have indulged myself. Herself nearly went I to catatonic shock when I got her a new iphone!

I'm of a age and state of decreptitude where sleeping under a Basha appeals less and less so this seams a great option between a basha and a proper tent. Anyroad once the weather picks up ill gets one use out of it, I hope.

ATB

Tom

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Gransfors Bruk Small Forest Axe.

I think I got the last one in the whole UK.

Spent absolutely ages trying to source one, everywhere out of stock. Found a place eventually, a shop called Woodsmith in Whitley Bay....last one! Anyway it came today...well happy

Retired my little Wetterlings wilderness hatchet, as it's still in really good nick and they don't make them anymore, so thought I would keep that now as it is.
0614e599fd7bafd56d6bbd13cde22a9e.jpg
f85d711fbc46a68d8e604eb5571fa917.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I can only think of one use for an orange nalgene and it is not compatible with the instructions to "drink up"... Clearly, I have spent too much time in field camps.
Ahhhhhhh................ Great minds eh.......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SaraR

Stanic

Feb 13, 2021
Zakopane
The Camp knive from Fiddleback Forge took 5 days to arrive from the US and 3 weeks to go through the duty process..annoying
Now to get a nice sheath made.
received-268952161310669.jpg

Also got the Exped Doublemat Evazote, will be handy for winter camping or when going out with the family.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE