What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Case of having to really, got myself a folding camp bed/sun lounger. My really nice folding camp bed my mate borrowed 18 months ago and I found out it is now in his Dad's loft in Leeds. Just great! So today being Sunday I took myself off to a boot fair for some retail therapy and there was a lovely camp bed in very good condition up for €8 (just shy of £7) Seemed rude not to buy it at that price. This one doesn't creak or squeak as I move about on it unlike my other one which I took to the Moot last year.

I also got another cast iron folding handled griddle to clean up to bring to the Moot to put on the bring and buy table. A mahoosive alluminum kettle (1 gallon at least!) also to go on the table and a Robert Heinlein book to throw in the glove compartment of the car to read when I'm stuck in traffic on the M25 on the way to the Moot. Nothing like being prepared eh?

resnikov

Case of having to really, got myself a folding camp bed/sun lounger. My really nice folding camp bed my mate borrowed 18 months ago and I found out it is now in his Dad's loft in Leeds. Just great! So today being Sunday I took myself off to a boot fair for some retail therapy and there was a lovely camp bed in very good condition up for €8 (just shy of £7) Seemed rude not to buy it at that price. This one doesn't creak or squeak as I move about on it unlike my other one which I took to the Moot last year.

I also got another cast iron folding handled griddle to clean up to bring to the Moot to put on the bring and buy table. A mahoosive alluminum kettle (1 gallon at least!) also to go on the table and a Robert Heinlein book to throw in the glove compartment of the car to read when I'm stuck in traffic on the M25 on the way to the Moot. Nothing like being prepared eh?

I live near Leeds and am in Normandy start of August if want it bought back to you?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Stranger in a Strange land.

I already have it in my collection, and on my Kindle, but I've only read it the once and and as I recall didn't enjoy it that much, yet it's supposed to be his magnum opus. Figured I'd give it another go. Love the rest of his stuff.

Yeah.... I wasn't that impressed with it either.

My personal favourite has to be The Glory Road

Biker

I live near Leeds and am in Normandy start of August if want it bought back to you?

Thanks for the offer but I'm gong to have my so called mate post it to my Mother's address in Kent. He's had it 18 months now and I've been reminding him to give it back for ages. Figured the P&P on this is his fine for taking it without asking. :buttkick:

I'm gonna miss seeing you then, I'm off to Kent around the end of July till the third week in Aug. D'oh!

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I was intending to get some 18"x12" tooling leather off ebay from the seller I normally get it from, but was this for £17.95 as its only £2 more I got it instead (from the same seller, never had an issue with the leather from them, infact I've made about 6 sheaths and multiple pouches using the stuff from them):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-10sq-ft...UK_Crafts_Leathercraft_LE&hash=item58a1d11c5a

Along with some 0.5mm waxed thread from another £25 of happy ebaying.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
1960's spong mincer BNIB!! pewter candle holder,old rosewood handled hacksaw, and a set of mess tins new.all from the dump for £1.20!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I bought a Ray Mears wildlife hatchet and a Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor knife blank this week but my spending spree on this stuff has got to stop!!!

My names Countryman and I am a bushcraftholic.

Next week lovely Duncan from Dorset Woodland Blades is going to grind the Dartmoor for me then that's it till Bushmoot.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just picked up a Softpak Softie Sleeka reversable jacket and matching trousers for £10, got to love car boot sales:)

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Finally got myself a 1L Nalgene bottle.

Been meaning to add one to my kit for years. I can see why every has one, great build quality.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE