What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Had a great morning, went to a boot sale in Cardiff and got

2 X Feuerhand Hurricane lanterns, grade one £6

1 Coleman Powerhouse twin mantle lantern, to all intent and purpose new, £15

4X Army wound dressings £1

£22, a good result :)

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Went to RTI Surplus again with Martin. I got myself a pouch for emergency kit for up coming trip three section spice jar and snow camo poncho.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Had a bit of a windfall so today I treated myself to a Jetboil Zip and Breghaus Freeflow Pro 40 rucksack (to replace my aging Freeflow 35+8). Already had a play. The Jetboil is amazing and the rucksack the perfect size and so light and comfortable its like it isn't there.

I'm as happy as a pig in **** :)

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I'd been thinking of making or buying a lightweight neck knife for a few months. I was thinking of making a kiridashi, but after watching a few videos on youtube by jediknightofthewoods last week I really liked the looks of the Condor Fidelis Neck Knife. So I went to alphabushcraft.co.uk as mentioned in a video and had a look on the site. Well I found a different Condor I ended up buying. I sent off for the Condor Falco, a smaller, more skinner type knife that looks tiny and just what I'm after. After a bit of work on my stones to get it to the edge I like I think it'll be just the ticket. Plus for £22.95 you can't really moan for a high carbon (1075 I think) blade and kydex sheath, though I can see myself making a custom one for it.

Also while in in Homebase today I finally picked up a roll of Gorilla tape. I've seen loads and loads of videos and read loads of posts saying it's by far and away the best duct tape on the market, So I thought 11m for about £7 I'll buy some. WOW!!! I never expected it to be this strong. No question I'm going to be replcing the card wrapped in some decent duct tape I keep in my backpack with this stuff.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Got this on saturday :)

puffin_saranac_01.jpg

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Took delivery of Dr Bronners soaps, some material to make a pot cosy and a toilet trowel. Should get my long handled spoon and tent pegs tomorrow... All set for a few night shifts then two days in the Cairngorms next week...

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Got this on saturday :)

puffin_saranac_01.jpg

Very pretty! Where's the outboard motor fit? :lmao:. Seriously though that's a sweet looking piece of kit. Nice one.

Me, I bought two 2m lengths of 32mm PVC pipe for the princely sum of €4.42 in total. Gonna make me a couple of those bows I've been raving about.

If I don't post again you know I failed. :stretcher:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Multimat Superlight Air sleeping mat and Multimat Superlight pillow- very light and surprisingly comfortable- will be trying them out for real near Ben Avon on Wednesday.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Just had delivered one of those little Police3W torches someone here recommended. Not bad for a couple of quid. It's a bit big for a keyring which is what I wanted it for but I'll find a use for it. I'd almost forgotten I'd ordered it but it had to come all the way from Hongkong. How do they make a profit?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE