What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
A new family tent, High gear Zenobia 6, 3 packs of rock pegs and a nice North face anti bacterial base layer from Go Outdoors!!!
Could also of spent a fortune in The World of Bushcraft in Bedford, but resisted.... For now!!!!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Iv had an awesome day in the local charity shops thats for sure!!!!

I picked these canvas booties (im my size :D) for £4 quid

IMAG0310-1.jpg

This original Hudson Bay book for £3 quid!!!! ... and Collins Guide to Animal tracks for £3!

IMAG0312-1.jpg

this was written in the front page of the Hudson Bay book..

IMAG0313-1.jpg

I also managed to pick up a set of cast iron :D Great condition!!! i cant wait to season them.. £35 quid

IMAG0316-1.jpg

IMAG0317-1.jpg

Lovely little Kettle (needs lacker taking off and then its good to go!) £4

IMAG0318-1.jpg

All in all i think this was my best charity shop day Ever.. it'll defiantly be hard to top this one!

Last edited:

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Four Iowa ground anchors used for trapping but I will use them for securing my DIY hammock stand made from canoe poles. Now have all the parts and hope to set it up this weekend if it ever stops raining.
Alan

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
An old adze for the princely of £7. I don't think I shall be trying this one out whilst wearing sandals, it's not a tool for the feint hearted.

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
Although i have 2 old kukris i decided to pick one of these up out of interest,Mil-tec kukri, ive also got max brooks book zombie survival guid from this forum, i look forward to reading that, you never know lol,

P1010196-3.jpg

Biker

Had a really nice haul today. A sweet Goldenberg hatchet, another unknown axe head which has a socket in it to take the haft. Several small screwdrivers (watchmakers types.) A 20mm gouge, an 18inch drawknife and a Froe (paid top dollar for that though). All of whch are covered in surface rust but will be restored and brought back to full working order again.

I also nabbed 2 dutch ovens, an 8.5 litre one and a 4 litre Aluminium one, plus a caste iron skillet. These will also get cleaned and seasoned.

Figured if I do make it to The Moot I could bring them all along to sell on (and save myself from those bandits at the post office fleecing me for P&P.) I hear there's a sales day or something like that. Hope I'm not taking a liberty saying this or expecting it.

The gem of the bargains I picked up today was a 2 man dome tent. Works on a system like an umbrella and has a central hub and fold out legs along with a fly sheet and a nice window at the back opposite side to the door. Got that for the princely sum of €3 about £2.40.

Managed to carry this all back strapped to various tie points on my motorbike. I knew I should have taken the car. But the hot sunshine and almost no wind begged for a ride out.

I just LOVE bootfairs!

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Nice haul Aaron, I'm jealous.

But we struck gold at a charity shop yesterday, a Willcox & Gibbs industrial three-thread overlocker complete in a decent purpose-built plywood cabinet with motor and clutch, fifteen quid.

SWMBO is ecstatic. :)

Biker

Nice haul Aaron, I'm jealous.

But we struck gold at a charity shop yesterday, a Willcox & Gibbs industrial three-thread overlocker complete in a decent purpose-built plywood cabinet with motor and clutch, fifteen quid.

SWMBO is ecstatic. :)

That is indeed a bargain. I recently got myself a sewing macine and had some lessons from my Mother so looking forward to having a play on that and seeing what I can make.

Just been through the bags and such that I brought home with me. I found some other bits and pieces I didn't meniton. I also got 2 small carving chisels, a really big and old wallet with a sort of painted embossed image on it. Looks like a traditional countryside French. I also got a canvas should bag with big flap covering sveral poclets, it's rather like a messenger bag, it's also trimmed in leather like Luckylee did recently on the pimped rucksack.

I also found a seller of UK sweets and bought 100g of licorice torpedoes and some peanut flavoured sweets which I am addicted to. Nabbed 200g pf those.

Like i said I love bootfairs

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
A brand new pair of Danner Arcadia desert boots. Still boxed and tagged for £45 inc postage, damn good bargain methinks, and they fit like slippers !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE