What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Some new erasers for my Pental 0.5mm propellant pencil and Firefly boxed set of DVDs the complete series on Ebay.

Haven't bought anything bushcrafty but Alison and I were walking up at the Normandy beaches today (It's her birthday so we made a day out of it) and I picked up a load of flint stone from "Juno" beach in anticipation of receiving the striker from Whittler Kev'. Figured I'd make myself a Jerimiah Johnson type tinder/striker pouch thingy. Just tried my Opinel carbon knife on one stone and got some sparks, so things are looking good.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I want to contribute to this thread but I hardly ever buy anything... but I have recently bought a van, then a new gearbox and clutch for it and some diesil to get it running. Now I am totaly skint!
Oh - I did find a few pennies for some leather to make more stuff to sell...and a lottery scratch card....but that last was wasted effort!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
An Alpkit gourdon 20 litre(yes I know) it's a brilliant bit of kit.No frills nothing that isn't needed and 100% waterproof.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Went down to Go-Outdoors for their sales. Montane Featherlite smock was only available in large online so I went down to the Coatbridge shop - didn't have burnt orange or red in medium (pity) but I picked up a blue one. Cost me twenty bucks. Also got two pairs of merino wool socks and two pairs of lowcut running socks half price. Had to buy one of those stupid discount cards to get the savings though the cheeky bstrds

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
went to REI today and spent my REI dividend check thier..bought 2pks of Esbit tabs ,2ea UCO match safes w/those big storm matches,and two nalgege bottles..good haul and i did'nt spend a cent....vince g. 11B Inf....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE