What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
My wife bought me one of these. The Bushcraft Essentials EDCBox micro stove.

index.jpeg

As a way of saying thanks for all the unpacking and assembly of loads of flat packed furniture for the new house.
I've had one of these little guys on my list for ages but the postage to the US was way over the top. Now I just have to find a spare minute to take it outside and see how well it works for a quick cuppa.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Had a bit of a splurge today. I bought the following:

Karrimor Predator 30
Karrimor SF Omni Pouch
GSI Glacier Mug - this is the second one I've bought
Nalgene SS 1L bottle - this is the second one I've bought. Really nice bottle!
ESEE Izula II
2 x military tin openers

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
pair of carbon walking poles £15 sports direct
pack of 3 stuff sacks & mozzie head net £8 from Wilkinsons
Got three,,,Well ordered three stuff sacks from Wilkinsons. Waiting on a call to say they have been delivered in store as my local doesn't keep them in stock...are they any good.? never saw the Mosi net, was it at the camping section?

fluffkitten

Mar 8, 2014
Nottingham
Got three,,,Well ordered three stuff sacks from Wilkinsons. Waiting on a call to say they have been delivered in store as my local doesn't keep them in stock...are they any good.? never saw the Mosi net, was it at the camping section?

If they're the same ones as last year they aren't bad. I've two sets that have seen a lot of use and are still in good nick. Got two sets because I wanted two of the largest bag.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
A set of 8 soapstone cubes, about 1"/25mm on edge. Permanent, refreezable replacements for ice cubes which chill the 17yr old scotch without diluting it.
My GF/partner/hunting buddy is very pleased.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Bahco Laplander via Amazon....my local tool shop wanted £24 for it. £19 on Amazon with 1st class delivery. Normally I like to support local shops but the markup was nauseating! I'm working nights after today so I can wait. I feels a smidge bad for supporting tax dodging scum though.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Bahco Laplander via Amazon....my local tool shop wanted £24 for it. £19 on Amazon with 1st class delivery. Normally I like to support local shops but the markup was nauseating! I'm working nights after today so I can wait. I feels a smidge bad for supporting tax dodging scum though.

Get your Morals here, only a tenner..well i've got my own mark up of 100% as well. :lmao:

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
A new laptop as my current one is playing up and freezing as often as a penguins bum. I've got 6 weeks in which to finish a rather daunting essay (did I mention that I'm now 3 weeks into the 6 weeks?) Decided it was worth getting a new one to save me the stress, frustration and risk of punching the screen. The old one will go to the computer shop for a tune up then passed onto my kids.

Went for a Lenovo 10.1" Flex...nice little notebook style but still trying to get used to Windows 8.1. Nice little bargain at £199 bit had to stump up for a new version of MS office (that only lasts a year).

My main problem is it's a touchscreen type so I'll inevitably end up trying to 'swipe' screens at work and be confused as to why they don't co-operate. Pretty soon I'll be the guy I used to chuckle at years ago who used to pick up his mouse and speak into it thinking it was some kind of microphone...

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
A "sun terrace"-craft hat for the missus...

straw_hat.jpg

Last edited:

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
I ordered a Hatchet from this guy - he makes it all be hand and no 2 axes are the same. each receives a name and serial plus all the money you pay goes to a crones disease charity. really happy with the product my new hatchet is the 'highlander'. Really is worth giving this guy a look http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/craignkellymcfarlane?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2754

£25 for a hatchet is really not bad

he also will design to spec. and do custom projects.

just thought id share

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Me: Two packs of three dry bags & a couple of midge hoods from Wilko. £12

My wife: A double burner/grill combo camping stove, butane & propane regulators, gas bottle & a multipack of kendal mintcake from Go Outdoors. £84

It's an unusual turn of events for my wife to spend more than me buying outdoor kit (she keeps reminding me we have far too much of it already apparently...). I may have to remind her of this next time my purchases are questioned (or I might just shut up in the hope she gets as addicted to buying shiny new stuff as I often am).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE