What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Charity shop find of a utensil holder/drainer for £1.99 going to cut hole in the side turn it into hobo stove.well pleased as was going to order a windshield to use as one for my East German set.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Dutch Army Sting and a couple of Dutch molle pouches.

DUTCH-MOLLE-SMALL.jpg

And a sighting compass, I don't imagine its going to replace my base plate compass but couldn't resist.

VINTAGE-COMPAS-IN-CASE.jpg

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Ah you decided to grab the Sting then bud, nice buy :)

Great pack have thought about selling mine many times but just can't let it go.

Been after one for ages and everywhere seemed to be out of stock. Got it from surplusandoutdoors and they seem to have it listed as the Strike but the pic is definitely of a Sting so fingers crossed. They also have the Saracen in stock if anyone's interested.

I think its your pics that put me onto them in the first place Johnny.

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Ok it's far from light but it's built to last and has a great adjustable back system making it very comfy to carry under load.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Let us know what you think after a bit of use. Oh and I changed the waist belt buckle to a berghaus one but that's only through preference.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Ok it's far from light but it's built to last and has a great adjustable back system making it very comfy to carry under load.

They seem to have a variation of the TFX back-system that I have on my civvie Lowe Alpine pack. I agree the comfiest back system I've tried. Not to fussed about the weight on this one, want it for messing about in the woods rather than climbing mountains.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Let us know what you think after a bit of use. Oh and I changed the waist belt buckle to a berghaus one but that's only through preference.

Yeah I'll post my thoughts on it. Depending on how bad the fading is I might try and dye it too. Seems its possible with acid dyes.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Been after one for ages and everywhere seemed to be out of stock. Got it from surplusandoutdoors and they seem to have it listed as the Strike but the pic is definitely of a Sting so fingers crossed. They also have the Saracen in stock if anyone's interested.

I think its your pics that put me onto them in the first place Johnny.

They have it listed as approx. 65 liters; do you know if that's with the side pouches? Or without?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE