What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Oh Yes, I remember.i had one too...cost me £5.99 brand new! Used once, and never used again......
After traipsing around with it for few days now I can honestly say it's definitely a pack that you don't want to overload and therin lies the rub. The back support bands had stretched over the years beyond the capabilities of the hook & bolt tensioners so binned the back stabbing metalwork and taking inspiration from the older Kelty frame packs tightened the back bands with paracord and a liberal dose of grunt. Things improved quite a bit after that but 20-25lbs of gear is pretty much the upper comfort limit and I wouldn't want to take it on a long distance hike that's for sure!

Marshall

Nomad
Jan 22, 2013
Gdańsk, Poland
www.AdamMarczak.com
A couple of elements for my small solar charge system. :)

- Solar panel 12V, 5W, 300mA (240x240mm)
- simple charge controller
- 7Ah battery from computer UPS)
- car lighter socket
- converter 12v-usb

solar_charge_system_0001.jpg

Now I'm looking for some box for that...

Generally I'll use it on canoe trips to charge camera batteries, torch batteries, phones, etc.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
We just ordered a second replacement watch strap for my Nite MX 10 watch. Had to get a graphite colour one as they don't make a olive one anymore. I was so disgusted with how quickly the first two straps wore out that I refused to buy another for long enough for the battery to run out but this was cutting off my nose to spite my face so I had the battery changed to make sure it still worked before ordering a new strap from the makers. It's a great watch except fot the straps cracking and breaking and not being replaceable by any except their own brand ones.

I recently picked up a lovely piece of pure wool Huddersfield suiting cloth, 90 inches by about 60 for £5 in the town of that names Saturday flea market and from a charity shop for £2 total two matching skirt lengths of natural coloured Herdwick wool cloth. So there's enough to make something man (read fat git ) sized with it.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
We just ordered a second replacement watch strap for my Nite MX 10 watch. Had to get a graphite colour one as they don't make a olive one anymore. I was so disgusted with how quickly the first two straps wore out that I refused to buy another for long enough for the battery to run out but this was cutting off my nose to spite my face so I had the battery changed to make sure it still worked before ordering a new strap from the makers. It's a great watch except fot the straps cracking and breaking and not being replaceable by any except their own brand ones.

I recently picked up a lovely piece of pure wool Huddersfield suiting cloth, 90 inches by about 60 for £5 in the town of that names Saturday flea market and from a charity shop for £2 total two matching skirt lengths of natural coloured Herdwick wool cloth. So there's enough to make something man (read fat git ) sized with it.

ATB

Tom

Strap arrived and fitted!

image.jpg1_zps06udkbyr.jpg

Id forgotten how much I liked this watch!

atb

Tom

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
The missus bought a pair of "garden trousers". At the register they did'nt know the price, and she ended up paying less than half the asking price. She is very happy and looking forward to the "garden adventures" ahead.

garden_trousers.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE