What bushy pressies did you get ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i got
2 army woolly jumpers
collins gems food for free, and trees
2 books on animal tracking
light sticks
merino base layer t shirt today from aldi and a pack of thermals

still after billy can, new knife!

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
UBBQ PORTABLE bbq grill, shown below on Xmas day brekkie duties. Some ice stuff and been looking at cheap amazon bushcraft books.

wpid-imag0418-e1293484934313.jpg

Last edited:

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
A nice tripod to go over the fire. About 1.2m high with legs made from square steel twisted into a spiral all the way up. Don't have a picture yet though I'm afraid.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
missed this thread! :(

i got a buffalo shirt copy (pertex and pile still, now waterproofed too), a sas carry smock (loadsa pockets, also now waterproofed and de-vecro'ed), four pairs of my fav socks, bridgedale 3 season. (4 pairs for £30, bargain find) and a polartec HH fleece

the sas smock is multipurpose as i will also use for festivals where i estimate i will be able to fit best part of 14x500ml cans of lager in it (combined with my caterpillar combats, which hold 8x500ml cans) will equate to 11 litres lager carrying capacity, bearing in mind i tend to fall over after 3 litres, i think my carrying capacity is now overkill :p

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
missed this thread! :(

i got a buffalo shirt copy (pertex and pile still, now waterproofed too), a sas carry smock (loadsa pockets, also now waterproofed and de-vecro'ed), four pairs of my fav socks, bridgedale 3 season. (4 pairs for £30, bargain find) and a polartec HH fleece

the sas smock is multipurpose as i will also use for festivals where i estimate i will be able to fit best part of 14x500ml cans of lager in it (combined with my caterpillar combats, which hold 8x500ml cans) will equate to 11 litres lager carrying capacity, bearing in mind i tend to fall over after 3 litres, i think my carrying capacity is now overkill :p

Brilliant - I reckon you need elbow and knee pads in the smock and trews for when you hit the ground ;-)

NS

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I for a few books, Mykel Hawke's Green Beret Survival Manual, actually a fine book, well written, well bound and a bargain too boot! I also recieved "Jungle SNAFUS and Remedys" which is an interesting read, pretty much about how the US military develops an item that works well, discontinues it and then reinvents a much less useful version that weighs more and costs more. Mostly related to tropical kit items and uniforms. As a 20 year veteran, I can relate to everything written within this book. Recommended reading to anyone spending prolonged time in the tropics, particularly in the military.

I also got a Light my Fire Army steel version 2.0, a Marrtinni M571 knife and a NATO flask and crusader cup. All together a nice Christmas!

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I think I may have the family trained at last!
Lovely sk bushcraft knife from darling wife,Scarpa Manta boots,Smartwool socks and merino bases.
But from my handsome intelligent and intuitive son ; a Damascus blade forging course to be arranged at a weekend to suit me.RESULT!

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I suppose she can be considered bushy related as she'll be accompanying me on walks in the countryside :D

Her name is Suki and she's a Saluki/Springer Spaniel cross. Currently all legs but growing fast :)
PC030558.jpg

PC070569.jpg

Otherwisw known as a handful......that said, with the right training she'll be a fantastic bushy companion :)

I got, tianium spork, 500 ft of assorted colours paracord, timex expedition chronograph and lots of rum and lots of vodka....definatley bushy related lol.

Last edited:

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
I got lots this year:
jack pike hunter jacket
trespass oak fleece
webtex warrior cooking unit
mora
firesteel
petzle signal
lansky axe puck
jack pyke dog bag
neopreme gloves (little sis):You_Rock_
folding mug
maya dust
Combat trousers
have got some neopreme lined wellies on the way :lmao:
thank you santa:christmas2:

E

ex member coconino

I was dropped a coupke of bushcrafty type bits from santa:
Possum fur and Merino wool beanie

I was just given one by a friend returning from NZ. Those are warm!

I didn't get any other bushy pressies, but FC was good to my son in that dept., with a DD hammock/tarp combo and a nice sharpening stone. I'm not allowed to use any of them!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE