What are you EDCing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
what do you carry on a day to day basis, including public places?

i carry these things, From left to right.

DC4, Firesteel, cheap Lighter, ancient Phone, Leatherman Juice KF4 (Legal) or the Leatherman Charge TTI.

northwestbushcrafter.jpg

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Not good to flash knives around at school - even legal ones; so I carry a Spyderco Bug on my keyring - gets used most days even if only to slice the apples the kids leave on my desk in the morning...:) .

Where I live ALL knives whether legally carried or not are reported as offensive weapons and carrying even a "legal" one in the pocket or car will end up with an arrest and report to the PF if you are in an urban environment. That came from my local community cops who are backing the campaign to ban knives... even so I carry a gerber vise as an edc.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
what do you carry on a day to day basis, including public places?

Shoes, socks, trousers, handkerchief, underpants, belt, tee-shirt, sweatshirt, wallet, optional long johns, woolly hat & jumper, coat.

Anything else that I might have on me is really nobody else's business unless I make it so. I do my best not to make it so. I wish others would do the same, then some of us might worry a lot less about the law, and the people who made the laws might worry a lot less about us.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Usually just my laptop and plenty of change for the coffee machines :)

I have a couple of Leathermans which get used most days though.

Knives are about as much use as a hammer in IT, although sometimes i wish a had one :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Not good to flash knives around at school - even legal ones; so I carry a Spyderco Bug on my keyring - gets used most days even if only to slice the apples the kids leave on my desk in the morning...:) .

F.Y.I.

I am pretty certain that slicing apples isn't classed as a good reason.

School Premises
Source: Criminal Justice Act, 1988. Section 139A(1).
Offence: It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him on school premises any article to which s.139 applies.
Defences Good reason, lawful authority, it was for use at work,(caretaker), religious reasons and it was part of a national costume.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Shoes, socks, trousers, handkerchief, underpants, belt, tee-shirt, sweatshirt, wallet, optional long johns, woolly hat & jumper, coat.

Anything else that I might have on me is really nobody else's business unless I make it so. I do my best not to make it so. I wish others would do the same, then some of us might worry a lot less about the law, and the people who made the laws might worry a lot less about us.

Bad day sir?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ive got pockets full of kleenex and lint and holes where everything important to me just seems to fall right down my leg and onto the floor....

Ah, ok its my trusty and rusty 1941 wostenholm jack knife.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
On one side sliver grippers,nail clippers,shed key,peanut lighter,micro slot & philips driver,handcuff key,ferro rod,fox whistle,marbles compass,all on split ring and magnetic catch.(The catch you use for fishing nets).

Mobile phone,Fenix P3D,turboflame,mini space pen,leatherman wave and/or various saks or other locking folders depending.(I live in the country and I can give good reason to Police if asked).Unfortunately it's not the done thing to list good reasons on a public forum,so don't ask.

Bandana (for general 'kerchief/bandage use).

Wallet with mini moleskine notebook that fits within.Plasters in it too.
Normal moleskine in custom leather cover.

On car keyring there's a sak and spydie bug.

Think that covers it.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
You're as bad as me Tam :D

P1010373.jpg

Maxpedition 3x5 notebook cover
Bandana
Wallet - Swisscard light and some other stuff in there
Keys - Fenix E01, sak, peanut lighter, silver grippers, whistle, dog whistle
Mobile
G-shock watch
Zippo with Blue Flame gas insert

In the 3x5 :

P1010375.jpg

Leatherman Wave
Michael Morris friction folder
Quark 123 torch
McFeely pocket wrench II
Fisher bullet pen
Waterproof paper
Tick hook
Needles, thread, safety pins, cable ties, hot melt glue
Mini fak
4" nail
Fag papers
Mini firesteel
Ziplock bag + puritabs

My EDC is buck canoe knife two blades non locking uk legal carry(deliberately purchased because of this), clipper lighter, waterproof matchcase, WW1 style petrol lighter, wallet, mobile phone, small compass on watch strap, tobacco tin.

then there is the jacket pockets which is another story entirely

Sam

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
Always have a uk legal knife on me. I am loving the kit in that 3x5 notebook cover though. I could use something like that to organise my life a bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE