Vege, vegan or carnivore

Who eats what Folks.
Vegan = no meat, fish poultry, dairy or animal based products (honey, milk eggs etc )
Vege = no meat, fish or poultry including geletine and the like.
Carnivore (Omnivore) = all the above plus extra are consumed.
Just interested.
As for me, I have recently gone from Vege to Vegan and feel fantastically fit and healthy.
I dont want the thread to turn into a protracted debate about protein and all that...its been flogged to death, just interested to see who has what diet.:bandit:

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Happy to call myself a carnivore. Used to live with a vegan though, so no objection to vegan food (with a steak on the side :D).

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Fair play to you but for me I need my intake of good old meat, fish or poultry. But I also love my veg, and eat salads all the time. And then there is lovely cheese all kinds, and don't leave out eggs then, sorry to waffle but you get he idea I like all foods ;)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Rather partial to a nice piece of MEAT.
The wife is a veggie but only due to not liking the texture of meat not a principal thing.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
I'm a meat eater myself but I can understand why people are veggie, were possible I try to be selective with we're my meat comes from as I'm very against the way some animals are kept and raised and also slaughtered,people really do need to learn how and were meat comes from and I'm not just talking about children, cheers

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Vegetarian, lactose intolerant so can manage some mature cheese but not most dairy stuffs. Don't eat eggs, do eat honey :)

No great moral imperative, just a personal 'meat isn't food' factor. I'll prep it, cook it, but it's not food. I still wonder how on Earth anyone can look at a fish or a lobster and think about eating it :yuck:

Each to their own.

cheers,
M

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Omnivore/cannibal. :D

I'll eat most things, barring sweetcorn..... the food of the devil... yuk

Saying that, i'm quite happy to only eat meat a couple of times a week, so long as i get a bit of protein through eggs/cheese/milk etc

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE