Vege, vegan or carnivore

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
People are queuing up to type a vague description of their diet. This is the Internet at its most powerful.

Uhuh, it breaks the ice for group camping; I wouldn't feed peanuts to someone who was allergic, so don't feed me fish. I wouldn't feed Wayland onions, and he wouldn't feed me meat.
Tolerance and consideration goes a long way :)

M

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
I'm Paleo Veggie, however, I will eat roadkill as I consider it re-cycling something thats died in an accident or something I took the life of, won't buy flesh, thats to do with my morals, I don't force it on anyone else.

Rev G

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'll PM my address, the washing up is banked up in the sink and I'm feeling proper lazy this week. Fresh cutlery is most welcome. :)

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
omnivore i went veggy for a year (just for the hell of it) but struggled as im lactose intolerant and eating out became near impossible to order anything veggy without cheese or cream involved.

if money was no object i would go organic / free range but alas im a peasant with a family i do have concerns how my food is raised but realism kicks in unfortunately...

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I once knew a kid who was a vegetarian, however, he didn't like vegetables. The poor lad used to just eat smash.

touched by nature

Holy s***! I've just damned near wet myself. That is one of the funniest things I've heard.
I may have to recount this with your permission.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Omnivore here - preferably organic/free range or at least local and reared with compassion - but I also like Bacon Grill...

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
...............we all eat around 500 grams of creepy crawlies a year, in our food, during the day & even in our sleep.

A lot more if you're a cyclist!

I will eat anything apart from cucumber ( solid stagnant water ) and melon ( sickened of it as a kid on holiday when I was given it for just about every meal ). I like the response that a friend came out with at a barbecue when offered salad " That's not food, that's what food eats" ...

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I am an omnivore. I like eating proper food, ie veg, fruit in season, roadkill/wild pest species. I will eat meat from really rubbish sources, I feel guilty about it. I dont have the income to choose ethical meat nor organic. I like vegitarian food, and we eat pulses quite a bit, i just really like chicken as well, and I cant afford £5-8 a bird. Mind you i have just made friends with the manager of the free range chicken farm. 50p a boiler he can do a live bird for.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE