Vege, vegan or carnivore

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Yes. Why pretend :dunno: A lot of those fake meat things I just cannot eat; they're repulsive. Fake hotdogs was the worst one ever :yuck:

A burger or sausage shaped veggie something or other, fine, no worries.....basic food presentation that. Easy to fit on a roll, or cook and serve; but chicken or pork flavoured ?? sorry, but that would in good broad Scots, "Fair gie ye the dry boak".

M

Oddly there is a hotdog that is vegi that is openly vegi but tastes good, it's called Tivoli it's just a vegi hotdog makes no pretense of it being chicken, pork or Beef just sell's it's self on being tasty. I was introduced to them by a moderately strict Jewish friend of mine who say's that's the only hot dog he can eat.

But the Quorn, Fake Bacon and MMMM'm tastes like meet fakes just taste like crap.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Oddly there is a hotdog that is vegi that is openly vegi but tastes good, it's called Tivoli it's just a vegi hotdog makes no pretense of it being chicken, pork or Beef just sell's it's self on being tasty. I was introduced to them by a moderately strict Jewish friend of mine who say's that's the only hot dog he can eat. .....

There have been all beef, or all chicken hot dogs for decdes but most of them weren't kosher. However now there is one (ironicly it's been around for decades too that IS kosher (Hebrew National) www.hebrewnational.com They also make kosher deli meats (salami, bologna, etc.) and knockwurst.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
In hte US maybe but despite having the 2nd largest jewish community in the UK and Europe we have feck all fast foods redilly available for the strict jews, Matty comes to my BBQ's every summer and we have a understanding I have a space just for him on the BBQ, and at his BBQ's as long as I buy it he will cook me pork on his. Half the time I don't bother because what he cooks is damned tasty stuff and 2) I would feel like a **** tuckering into a pork sausage at a Jewish BBQ. Also the way he cooks steak nearly makes me forget Bacon, that's how good it is.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
As I said before I am not jewish, it's my mate Matty and yep and it's still not cost effective. His family own the only Kosher butcher in liverpool (well closest one) and they do a wild trade but he wants some day to day consideration in places and I can agree.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
As I said before I am not jewish, it's my mate Matty and yep and it's still not cost effective. His family own the only Kosher butcher in liverpool (well closest one) and they do a wild trade but he wants some day to day consideration in places and I can agree.

Understandable. And I also understand what you're saying about licensing. The company I linked isn't a mega corp. but they are large enough to have the where-with-all to accomplish it. In fact their website states they're in 26 countries I believe. The UK might or might not be one of them. It might be as simple as giving them a shout to see where the nearest distributor is. If indeed they are in the UK, he might just eed to request his local grocer to try stocking their products; if they're not in the UK it might be worth asking them to consider it. Certainly it can't hurt to try.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
the farmlands are healthy.
cheers,
Toddy

Not around here. The vegetable fields (and this county produces about 1/4 of British veg) are appalling - utterly destroyed by intensive vegetable farming. Soil erosion is up to many tonnes per acre per year - fertility is down to the point that the field will grow nothing without fossil fuel based nitrogen fertilisers - it looks like red sand.

Sad but true.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE