Unususal experiences when out bushcrafting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,

I have been spending a lot of time on the controversial channel sky 200. There have been many programs on ufo, big cat, big foot sightings etc. Most of them were linked to people spending time out in the wilderness so I thought as we spend a lot of time outdoors perhaps there are people on here with weird and unusual experiences when out and about.

If anyone has had odd experiences and willing to share them, it would make for interesting reading. Feel free to post below or PM me if you would like to keep it quiet.

I haven't really had any experiences only feelings of being watched sometimes but I put that down to probably deer watching me but I can't see them. I actually feel safer in the woods than I do on the streets.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi leigh,
I have run a west yorkshire ufo research group for 10 years. and have been deeply involved for 25 years due to personal experiences. the first of which happened when I was 10 years old, and I have had repeated experiences throughout my life.
I wont go into full etails of these cos it would take volumes I have co written under a pen name two very well known books on this subject namely the alien abduction enigma!!
I have seen and capured thing on still and video which would make your hair strighten, curl and fall out!!!
I know of stories about happenings in british countryside and woodland which if I were to write them in here. would probably stop peaple going out and sleeping out. ever again.
it would be interesting to talk to people who live near suffolk especially!! for example anyone seen green mist in that area, I assure you many very credible people have seen that same mist but that in itself is not directly related to ufo activity but how the mist came about ie military experimentation during the cold war. may have had an effect that the boffins didnt expect and had no idea how to counteract!!
if anyone is interested I will elaborate further but suffice to say that the ufo enigma and some but not all the stories of encounters are very very honest and accurate!!
p.s. still you are acually safer in the woods than on the streets, so do I as the majority of my experiences have been in my own home only two of them in the wilds!!
there is a very vivid reality about this subject and the media is still out there to take the m**k out of witnesses if that were not the case there would have been for more cases made public!!
I know this is not a forum for discussion of these type of subjects but it does make interesting reading.
as i said cant go into much detail here. but there are things both in the sky and on the ground and under the oceans and large bodies of water.
which really do defy earthly explaination.
I suggest you read books written by such people as timothy good. and also operation thunderchild by nick pope. the front cover statement on that book.
the truth can only be told in fiction, is a clue to the contents. in it he explains a lot of things and its not so much as a novel as one would first think
BF....

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Bringing out some quality results already! I am thinking about doing some solo nights and also always alone in the woods when out during the day. I have been thinking for a while about having a stout stick with me incase I get in a situation e.g. disturbing people who are doing dodgy things in the woods or big cats, boar etc. Interesting thread already. Should be interesting to see what else comes forward. Thanks.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
I have been watched a few times,mainly by the local scuffers while out on a bimble. The morning after an overnighter a couple of years ago on clearing the camp in the morning i spotted someone watching me so i laid up further down the track and quietly returned to see people search around my camp to see if left anything behind.How long they had been there i do not know.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Well, when I went out last night, there was a deer that just would not leave me alone. It kept on following me slowly, evenif I broke out into a run, it just slowly returned. But thank god it did not follow me out of the wood, as I think people may have been upset if I were to introduce a new 'pet' to the house!

Apparently all the big foot stuff is related to humans needing to be heard or needing company, and when you don't have it, the mind creates some (even due to a build up of fear), the hypothalamus is unable to regulate adrenaline , and hence there is too much. To 'loosen' the adrenaline the mind creates fearful situations.

One of the corporals in my platoon would swear blind that he saw "a giant dog" when we were on excercise in Jersey last spring. He even recorded it as one of the OPs observations!

Interesting stuff, howeve I wonder how much is myth or mind.

Ph34r

Last edited:

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
you might want to speak to "hill bill"

Theres a huge thread somewhere about this already that should be of use to you I do think it is locked however

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi leigh,
I have run a west yorkshire ufo research group for 10 years. and have been deeply involved for 25 years due to personal experiences. the first of which happened when I was 10 years old, and I have had repeated experiences throughout my life.
I wont go into full etails of these cos it would take volumes I have co written under a pen name two very well known books on this subject namely the alien abduction enigma!!
I have seen and capured thing on still and video which would make your hair strighten, curl and fall out!!!
I know of stories about happenings in british countryside and woodland which if I were to write them in here. would probably stop peaple going out and sleeping out. ever again.
it would be interesting to talk to people who live near suffolk especially!! for example anyone seen green mist in that area, I assure you many very credible people have seen that same mist but that in itself is not directly related to ufo activity but how the mist came about ie military experimentation during the cold war. may have had an effect that the boffins didnt expect and had no idea how to counteract!!
if anyone is interested I will elaborate further but suffice to say that the ufo enigma and some but not all the stories of encounters are very very honest and accurate!!
p.s. still you are acually safer in the woods than on the streets, so do I as the majority of my experiences have been in my own home only two of them in the wilds!!
there is a very vivid reality about this subject and the media is still out there to take the m**k out of witnesses if that were not the case there would have been for more cases made public!!
I know this is not a forum for discussion of these type of subjects but it does make interesting reading.
as i said cant go into much detail here. but there are things both in the sky and on the ground and under the oceans and large bodies of water.
which really do defy earthly explaination.
I suggest you read books written by such people as timothy good. and also operation thunderchild by nick pope. the front cover statement on that book.
the truth can only be told in fiction, is a clue to the contents. in it he explains a lot of things and its not so much as a novel as one would first think
BF....

Great post, a friend and I saw two UFO's up in Snowdonia in the early 70's; the way they moved and turned was enough for me to know they were objects under guidance and this planet don't produce anything that could replicate their moves then or now.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've never seen/heard anything while out and about, when either solo or with friends, that can't be explained. Don't know whether i'm sceptical ,open minded, don't give a toss, so things don't bother to come near me as i'm not receptive.

Rob

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
OK guys...I'll be the devil's advocate for a bit...however, before I say anything regarding the OP's original post I would just like to confirm that I do, in all honesty, believe that there must be life on other planets. Ther are just too many other planets for there not to be...simple philosophy really.

HOWEVER ..

As someone who has spent a large part of his working life out and about, fairly well travelled, and as a professional photographer who regularly mixes with other professionals involved in the media, I have yet to understand why...despite the fact that there 'seems' to be indisputable evidence proffered by the likes of blackfeather and his peers, there is no clear 10+ mp quality still or HD video available to the media that shows anything but obviously faked/photoshopped 'evidence'. I use the specifics of 10+ mp and HD video as being pretty much mainstream consumer available technology that has been available all over the world for the last couple of years. The boom in the telecoms and video capable consumer electronics market over the last 10 years has been phenomenal and I am yet to see anything better than this

loch-ness-monster.jpg

this

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

or this

ufo-photo_001_th.jpg

OK, my tongue may be firmly planted in cheek when using the photos above, but I think you will all understand what I'm getting at.

I look forward to meeting my first Alien in the woods :)

Cheers

Sack

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
They dont come near me, they are too scared.

Blackfeather; you are quite right, I have met several people, respected in their fields, and they dont talk about the things they have seen. Not because their peers will laugh (their peers take it as seriously as they do,) but because the media will scoff.

the media are great scoffers at very serious matters.

Yes, I have seen the lights, they are no big deal; it suprises me when other people dont notice them.

Sack. You could take pictures of films of whatever you please; it wont count as evidence unless its on a PROPER REAL OLD FASHIONED FILM CAMERA.

Digital media is too easy to fake and there is no evidence in the form of a negative.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The only unexplained event for me, while having a ninja camp in the dart valley down river of dartmeet, about a mile up river from where venford reservoir's vally joins the main valley, at 0200 (looked at watch) a MASSIVE bang, really shook me about, it came from the direction of the rese, where my car was parked, i've slept down there alot a never heard anything like it before, it worried me abit, thinking it could be my car being burnt out, or the dam going, or perhapse devonport have had an accident, it really was that big! packed up, trotted up to my car to find it fine, dam still there and no strange glow over plymouth, I don't know if they blast at the china clay pits. i didn't see anything relating to it in the local papers, still good alarm call though.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not seen much really apart from strange lights in the sky, always open minded to this sort of stuff though.

On one trip to the Lakes we had to cut short because a pal got called out for S&R, we were driving back on the A65 just past Kirby Lonsdale when all four of us in the car noticed five bright lights in the night sky. We pulled over into a layby and watched them move across the sky for a few minutes until they vanished one by one. We laughed and joked about it all the way home but I don't think either of us were too sure about what we'd seen that night. Could've been anything though and the presence of an air base not too far away probably meant it was military of some kind.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Sack. You could take pictures of films of whatever you please; it wont count as evidence unless its on a PROPER REAL OLD FASHIONED FILM CAMERA.

Digital media is too easy to fake and there is no evidence in the form of a negative.

Hi Tengu,

All those photos I posted were all taken with 'real' film cameras...people have been faking it for years.

I suppose one of the reasons I remain sceptical as to whether there have been any real landings etc is that with all the 'sightings' there have been over the years (and lets say we go back to the truly paranoid McCarthy era of late 40s 50s), that means at least 60 years of supposed continuous visits from other worlds...and not one visit of substance where a ship lands on a school playing field or public park and an alien pops out to say hello.

If you look at all our technological advances over the last 50 years of space travel our ship designs have evolved into two very different types of craft. One for several stage boosting such as Apollo or Vostok and one for launch and reentry such as Challenger. You might think, therefore, that with trillions+ of other planets with (possibly) their own intelligent life, if we have been visited we might be seeing something more than strange lights, and objects that move in the air that confound our current thinking on flight.

Man has visited the Moon, landed filmed it all (if you believe it of course...but that's a different debate :)) and hung around, played golf, planted a flag...and then went back again....a primitive species in terms of interstellar space travel...but prepared to say 'Hi' if the opportunity arose.

I would have hoped that if there was a race/species with such an advanced intelligence, at least in terms of engineering, they would have been able to summon up the nerve to pop over for a cup of tea and a chat...maybe even play some golf!

Cheers

Sack

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
I do agree with you that there are thousand of hoaxed photos out there both new and old!!
but i have a 3 second piece of footage which has been tested by our countrys top physics university.
Call me what you will but I have a liitle story I will tell you which is in itself awsome and absolutely true!!

Are you sitting comfortably?
then we'll begin
6 years ago at one of our group meetings it was decided that we should try a little experiment.
ie to capture a night visitor on camera camcorder.
we drew lots to see who should do this bit.
low and behold I won or lost!!
my camcorder was set up in night vision mode with two infra red illuminators pointing at me whilst I slept on my sofa.
during the night something strange was caught on tape.
to go into the full details would take ages but what it was was a ball of light or something passing slowly over me from feet to head as it passed over me it lit my timex indiglo watch. wich was on the table at the side of me.
intrigued by this we sent the video to the un named university.
the report was staggering and its framed now in my living room on the wall!!
it stated that the object was moving not being blown or such.
that the object was 2.35. feet from the camera lens at its closest point to camera and that it was a little larger than a tennis ball!!
it had to be emmiting a high emp of some type yet unexplainable to have lit the watch as it passed by.
they could not identify the nature or origin of the said object. only that its path was deliberate.
they also said that. not to be quoted as saying under intelligent control
but it was in some way deliberate and controlled movement..

the only other explanation was a firelfy but when are we going to find a firefly in wakefield in october or at any other time??
the photographic expert at the uni said there was no sign in any way of film tampering, or image manipulation of any kind!!
and if it was a hoaks then it would put spielberg to shame, it would have cost thousand of pounds to produce.!!
I have had the abduction experience on more than one occasion in my life. and have had all the tests ie temperal lobe epilepsy the job lot and am perfectly clear of all
this is not haox or imagination it is fact!!!
hope this helps
BF
OK guys...I'll be the devil's advocate for a bit...however, before I say anything regarding the OP's original post I would just like to confirm that I do, in all honesty, believe that there must be life on other planets. Ther are just too many other planets for there not to be...simple philosophy really.

HOWEVER ..

As someone who has spent a large part of his working life out and about, fairly well travelled, and as a professional photographer who regularly mixes with other professionals involved in the media, I have yet to understand why...despite the fact that there 'seems' to be indisputable evidence proffered by the likes of blackfeather and his peers, there is no clear 10+ mp quality still or HD video available to the media that shows anything but obviously faked/photoshopped 'evidence'. I use the specifics of 10+ mp and HD video as being pretty much mainstream consumer available technology that has been available all over the world for the last couple of years. The boom in the telecoms and video capable consumer electronics market over the last 10 years has been phenomenal and I am yet to see anything better than this

loch-ness-monster.jpg

this

patterson_bigfoot.jpg

or this

ufo-photo_001_th.jpg

OK, my tongue may be firmly planted in cheek when using the photos above, but I think you will all understand what I'm getting at.

I look forward to meeting my first Alien in the woods :)

Cheers

Sack

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Just cos its not made public dont mean it ant happened, i wont get too deep into this, but when the men landed on the moon. they had to pass through the van allen radiation belt!! which was not known about at the time of the first manned moonshot. the rocket was not shielded against the type of radiation in the belt which incidentally can reach you and me right down here on earth, and yet these astronaughts went to the moon through the belt and back again got out of the capsule smiling and waving!! none suffering radiation equal to standing t feet from a nuclear reactor!! with its door open. yet no one suffered massive radiaition sickness!!!
now did they go to the moon!!
My best friend is the worlds leading researcher. and I have personally had dinner with the son of the most famous man in the ufo subject.
dont believe everything you read but dont disbelieve it either!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE