Tip for all Canteen/Crusader cup fans!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Outdoordude,

That's inspired, I've used those mugs for years in much the same way as JonathanD and never considered doing it that way.

Thanks for the tip.

Liam

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Sometimes the simplest, most obvious solutions are the least obvious. I always have gloves with me so hot handles aren't a problem, but thanks for showing that bit of genius!

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
www.golb.be
Excellent! Bushcraftbartons shows a similar trick with a stick to safely pour water out of a billy can:
[video=youtube;B_j3yjk6EZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_j3yjk6EZc&feature=g-user-u[/video]

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Thanks for all your nice comments. I have seen the bushcraft baryons vid. I have yet to try that it the billy though.
Thanks
Jacob

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
Errrrrrr I've been doing that for years:(

what a great simple idea , I usually use gloves and point the handles out of the flame but what a great idea, will try it next time I'm out.

hogstable

Forager
Nov 18, 2004
sheffield
Errrrrrr I've been doing that for years:(

what a great simple idea , I usually use gloves and point the handles out of the flame but what a great idea, will try it next time I'm out.

you should be proud of yourself and even more so for the consideration / courage to share it as well.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Yeh i was wondering how a thread becomes a sticky. I would love for this to become a sticky for all to access at any time.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
That is a belting idea. Tip of the hat to you sir.
These sort of easy fix ideas are one of the reasons this forum is so good. People willing to share information they have.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
That is a belting idea. Tip of the hat to you sir.
These sort of easy fix ideas are one of the reasons this forum is so good. People willing to share information they have.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.
Thanks mate. You certainly don't lack enthusiasm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE