Tip for all Canteen/Crusader cup fans!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Hi just wanted to share a tip to all canteen/crusader cup users. If you get two sticks and put them through the handels from the oposite direction you can grab it off the fire without burning yourself!:)

Don't know if this has been said before but just realized this trick today.

103_0076.jpg

103_0079.jpg

103_0078.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That is actually an excellent tip. 17 plus years of using that cup and I've never thought of doing that. I've always shoved it into the edge of a fire with the handle facing away though.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
That is actually an excellent tip. 17 plus years of using that cup and I've never thought of doing that. I've always shoved it into the edge of a fire with the handle facing away though.

No probs. I cant believe nobody has thought of this. I was really annoyed at burning myself all the time so it suddenly came to me!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Obviously the same technique could be used using longer sticks for suspension above a fire too. It opens up many more options that weren't available before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE